Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon & Cherry Chops and BBQ Giveaway

NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made this dish twice last week and loved it both times. It combines direct and indirect cooking to grill the sauce onto thick pork chops.

DSC_0292resized-1.jpg

After brining the chops, rinse and season with salt and pepper set up your Egg for 450f direct. In a grill safe pot or stoneware, put in the ingredients for the baste/dip/bath.

DSC_0347resized-1.jpg

Baste
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup dried cherries, diced
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh thyme

Now grill your chops 4 minutes per side for a total of 8 minutes, rotating 90 degrees half way through each side.

DSC_0357resized-1.jpg

During the last turn, put the baste onto the Egg to warm up.

DSC_0358resized.jpg

Stir the baste with your tongs to mix it up together and then add the pork chops, flipping to coat both sides.

DSC_0363resized-1.jpg

Now cook for another 10-15 minutes until the chops hit an internal temp of 140-145f. During this time, keep switching back and forth from the baste pan back to direct grilling a minute or two at a time.

This has been our favorite pork chop this year. The sauce cooks onto them by going back and forth.

GIVEAWAY
Bush Beans is sponsoring my May BBQ Giveaway, you have until tonight at midnight to ENTER AT MY BLOG. The prize pack includes:

DSC_0344resized.jpg

-Emile Henry "Flame" series bean pot
-Rosle basting brush
-Rosle tongs
-Bush Beans spatula
-Bush Beans can opener
-Bush Beans apron
-Bush Grillin' Beans

The bean pot alone is about $130 so this is a nice package. I like that they made mine match the Big Green Egg. Their rep said they did that on purpose so I have to give them props :P
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments