Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you Al and Texas Fisheries

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Al you and your group did an outstanding job on Athens.
Very, very well thought-out and executed. All guests had to feel pampered.
The venue is second to none anywhere.
My friend your Fest was awesome.
Sleep in today :laugh:
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Yes... What Mickey said.

Spring "Up Three Pounds" Chicken
    Spring Teas USA
  • Mickey,
    They DID pamper and spoil us all :woohoo:
    Sorry you miss the best parts ;)
    Glad you got to show up for a while, though :kiss:
    Salado still holds a very warm place in our hearts, though, and many of us plan on attending BOTH next year B)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Saying things like that is why we all love you kid :blush:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Mickey:

I'll have to agree with everything you said!

Al's staff bent over backwards meet our needs and requests! TFFC can be proud!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I must agree that it was superbly done - many thanks Al and everyone who helped to make this a wonderful event.
  • Ditto from the Oklahomans...we were all well-pampered..learned of a new drink that I love from Allen :lol: now I know what to do with all that club soda we have in the bar :whistle:

Seriously..we had a wonderful experience!!
    Hoping to make it again next year!
  • Love the pic of you with the Mojitas :evil:
    Need a t-shirt of that :laugh:
    Great to hang with you two again B)
  • I just wanted to thank all the Eggheads that helped explain and help the newbies (Tony and Myself).

We had fun and it was really great meeting you all.

-Chetan (Super 8 Athens)
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Let me be one of the many who fell in love with your place, your set-up, your clean restrooms, and your now famous Mojito. It was my first eggfest as a cooker and the work all of you did made it so much easier for all of us. If you have it again, WE WILL COME!
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Times 2 what everyone else said. What a great event. The bar was definatly raised.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • sfrick
    sfrick Posts: 10
    this was my first egg-fest and we loved it...you did a great job with making new people welcome...thanks

Rick Blount
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    I don't know what I liked the most...the Mojitos or the fantastic service connection with Brookshire's and the $50 gift certificate for groceries. It was all outstanding... Besides, if you ask Leroy he will tell you how much I like being spoiled :laugh: I could not believe the grocery store had the Manager herself there with her helpers to run to the store and get us anything we needed....even beer..... unbelievable!
    Thank you Al and Darlene and also Jimmie and Morrison Supply crew...great job.....see you next year!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • loco_engr
    Is that you Chris?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Yes that's me...but it's Chet
  • loco_engr
    Dam, sorry about that, Chet.
    Nice to have met you!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • ya ya :P the two-fisted mojitos thing ya mean?

that other one belonged to Laurie and i was just watching it :whistle:
  • To Allan and Darlene

First Eggfest, I hope the rest can meet up to your standards .

You both have set the bar very high.

Lori and I are proud to be your neighbors in Athens .

We hope you have a great wedding in Mexico, bring us back some seafood and pictures.

This last weekend you have givin us all great memories and we thank you so much

James and Lori
    Waters Edge Ranch
    Athens Texas
  • 4Soggy
    4Soggy Posts: 18
    Sorry for the delay in replying to all of your kind words! Darlene and I had a BLAST cooking with you all and are looking forward to seeing you at other Eggfests and again in Athens in 2012.

I particularly love all of the requests for the mojito recipe that I've received!!! So, here's how I make them . . .

• 1.5 tablespoon cane sugar
    • 1/2 lime cut in quarters,
    white pit removed
    • 6 leaves of medium size
    fresh mint
    • 2 oz of white rum
    • crushed ice
    • soda water
    • 13 oz tall glass

Procedure
    1. Muddle with a pestle the mint, sugar and lime pieces
    2. Add the rum and stir
    3. Fill the glass with crushed ice and top with soda water
    4. Garnish with lime wedge and mint leaves

ENJOY and think of Athens when you do!!! See ya!