Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Virus question

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone sent me a response to an email I sent them saying we had a virus on our email. How do I get rid of this thing? Thanks for any help. I'm not very computer knowledgable.

Comments

• BajaTom
    Options
    Someone has hijacked my email and is sending spam and viruises out om my email address. What action do I need to take to correct this problem?
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    I won't pretend to be an expert but this happened to me at work and we all got new email addresses... :(
  • BarManBean
    BarManBean Posts: 129
    Options
    First off, change your password. As long as you do that you should be good to go.

Follow that up with an email to all of those in your address book / contacts letting them know what is going on and that you've addressed the problem.

If the "hacker" has changed your password, that could be a whole other issue, would recommend contacting whomever administrates you email account.
  • BarManBean
    Options
    By the way, I highly recommend a password that is numbers & letters (both lowercase and uppercase) and at least 7 characters long.
  • BajaTom
    Options
    I have reset my password. Do you think that will fix the problem? Thanks to all.
  • BarManBean
    Options
    It should. Again though, send out an email to let everyone know. Mark the subject that it is from you regarding previous emails. At least that way you can explain and people will be a bit wary just in case something else goes wrong in the near future.

Somebody out there is not trying to target YOU...you were just the easy target. Now that you have a new password that is secure you are most likely not as easy of a target, so they will move on.

Good luck, hope that this is the end of you problems!
  • BajaTom
    Options