Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate Cleaning

2»

Comments

• dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    You want to complain?
    Look at these shoes; I've only had them a week and already the sole's worn through!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: :blink: ;) Let the rough side drag! :)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Myself I use the mark II grate cleaner.
    workingthegridwiththebillybar.jpg

Of course I've been know to use this when getting the Egg up to temp too.

turbostarter.jpg
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    B) The following is presented with good cheer and festive nature, so please take it that way. I know I am a newbie and none of you have met me to know I like to tease and poke. that said .... :whistle:

Ewe guys/gals are GRATE!!!!! I love this sight. And eye reely look forward to meating ewe awl sum day.

Bachuss: I understand where you are coming from and will work on using proper terminology going forward to avoid confusion and to show that I am trying to become a true egger. (I can already see my skin turning green and getting that bumpy texture :lol: )

I have had my egg for 48 days now and slipped into old terminology .. after spending my short life using cooking grates I did not even think about my terminology. :blush:

I appreciate every won's thyme and opinions.

I will stick with burn and brush!

Have a GREAT DAY FOLKS!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    This is abuse, arguments are down the hall to the left

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    :) I've done that - but through the lower vent and without pulling the trigger. :)

BTW - I see you are adept at using your blower upside down ;) Kind of like being ambidexterous. :)
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Walrusegger,
    Thanks for the heads-up on the web site to order one of those Grill-Gadgets in your pictures. I did go on line and order one.
    However, one thing I should mention. Their "customer service" seems non-existant to me. After I had hit "send" on the order form, I realized I had completely screwed up my telephone number. Not sure what sort of problem this might cause, I used their handy call system to contact them about this. Rather than get to talk to anyone, or just wait for an available rep, I had to leave a message with my phone number and someone would call me back "as soon as possible".
    Well, that was three hours ago,and still nothing. It is hard to believe that they could run a "customer service" department with only one or two people, but why else would it take that kind of time to get a response?
    I would think that anyone wanting to buy one of these (or anything) else from Roxies Shop would be well served to hold off until I see what becomes of my order. If interested, I will post the results later.

:angry:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Bottom up you get a volcanic eruption of ash. :whistle:

I normally just use an air grill when I want to give it an assist but sometimes you just have to make the wife question your sanity :woohoo: