Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Eggers

Options
Gulfcoastguy
Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine that I will call Blue lives on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls(Ontario car plates). She saw a price in an advertisement for the Large Green Egg of $1045.00 Canadian. That did not include a next, any eggcessories, or taxes. Does anybody have any suggestions on reasonable dealers over there? I've been prepping her for a couple of months and she's interested but that price has her in sticker shock. I guess telling her the price I got my 2010 medium for was a mistake.

Comments

• smokeystover
    Options
    Would it be possible to make it to the Toronto Eggfest next month?
    She could pre-order and pick up a demo egg at probably the best price around.
  • bluelacedredhead
    Options
    Awwww, Gulfie, you're trying to swing me a deal ;)
    Thanks!

There is one closer to me in Niagara actually, but that's not until August I believe? I have the link here somewhere.

I was just totally taken aback by the price difference. :blink:

I don't really need a large anyway. I think I'll have to stop in their store and check out the prices on the smaller ones.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'm going to email you, look for it in junk.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Welcome to Canada eh.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well the Redhead speaks up for herself! BTW I didn't post your recipe for tourtierre on here. The picture yes but the recipe no.
  • bluelacedredhead
    Options
    Thanks CooknBiker. I received your email and appreciate your feedback.

Gulfie, is that a hint for me to post the recipe??
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You are most welcomed. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    Have her check out Lakeshore Living - it's on the south service road in Stoney Creek - about a 30 minute drive from where she lives.

Lakeshore Living is the one that hosts the Nieggarafest that will be happening at Hernder Estates Winery in St Catherines August 21.
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    Chocdoc,

Nieggara eggfest, Sunday, August 21 @ Hernder?

PLS, confirm.
    Marc
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Strictly up to you Blue, no hint intended.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Marc, haven't seen any reconfirmation or change seen this post:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1060889&catid=1
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    Options
    I paid $1500 for a large with the nest and tax?
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    MCR wrote:
    Chocdoc,

Nieggara eggfest, Sunday, August 21 @ Hernder?

PLS, confirm.

My bad - it is the Sunday August 21 at Hernder - they are usually on Saturdays but we are avoiding the weddings.
  • MCR
    Options
    Thanks Gary.

I miss that previous thread but I got the date down, now.
    Marc
  • MCR
    Options
    Chocdoc,

Thanks for the info.

I was there last year and between real grass, parking, toilets, running water, a pond, etc, Sunday is good.

Thanks again.
    Marc
  • bluelacedredhead
    Options
    The price I saw was $1058, NO Stand, No Accessories and NO Tax. Prolly would have same result as you after adding all those in.

Thanks to the members here for reminding me about Lakeshore Living. I'll be in "The Hammer" today, but don't know if I have time to stop and shop?
  • sbmfj
    sbmfj Posts: 37
    Options
    for what its worth, Im in Montreal, and eggs were way too pricey, basically you pay a 50% premium when you buy in Canada. So I drove an hour to St Albans Vermont, and got a large EGG, plate setter, baking stone, grill gripper, ash tool, cast iron grill, and roast rack, for about 1000$ I think (no more than 1000$ though). Because the EGG is made in north America, no duty (NAFTA), so I only paid Quebec sales tax. I also had to pay Vermont sales tax. So, still saved quite a few $$, as the large was about 1050-1100 plus tax, with no extra`s!!!

Its worth the trip, and you can gas up cheap too!!!

I find it very hard for a CDN distributor to justify a 50% premium, especially these days as the CDN $$ is stronger than the USD$$.

My 2 cents, good luck.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Since your husband is a trucker Blue tell him to pick it up next time he heads to New England. Just give him a shopping list of all the items that you want.
  • CocagnEgger
    CocagnEgger Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in NB and I checked in at the distributor in Moncton and the best price they could do was $1099 for just a LG egg plus tax. I told them I was going to the US in a couple of weeks and would like to buy locale but they couldn't do better. When I was in New Hampshire a couple of weeks later I got it for $699 no taxes. When I crossed the border I declared it and they didn't charge me anything. I like to support the local company but this is ridiculous. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    wow i am in NB as well . not many of us on here.
  • SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    What kind of warranty support do you get on an Egg purchased in the US and brought to Canada?

Mark
  • bluelacedredhead
    Options
    That's something to consider.
    I don't like to crossborder shop, but in the case where an item is obviously overpriced, sometimes it's the difference between buying one or not!
  • Cityplace
    Cityplace Posts: 15
    Options
    It should be the same - just have to contact the Canadian head office in Newmarket.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Nope...no warranty. You get a warranty in the States

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON