Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg owner here...Good deal??

BB1857
BB1857 Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone i just picked up my new large size BGE yesterday and wanted to see if you thought got a good deal. Not sure if there is a bad deal because this thing seems pretty amazing. Got a Large Egg, Plate Setter, Single Tier Grill Extended, Ash Tool, Bag of Lump Charcoal, and Fire Starters. No Nest because I am building a table this weekend. Go tit all for $750 before tax here in MD. Whaddaya think?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    BB1857,

Buyer's remorse? You can fix that by cooking something. You will never regret the decision. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    That's a reasonable deal. Sounds like you are pleased, and that's what matters. Good luck and welcome!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Vanzo
    Vanzo Posts: 125
    You did fine, now start cooking and enjoy!!!

Vanzo
  • BB1857
    No buyers remorse at all actually. I cooked a couple of turkey burgers yesterday and they were awesome. Tried to smoke pork chops but the recipe was for WAY too long but the flavor was incredible. Doing chicken breast tonight and my son is already bugging me about a pizza!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is a good deal...better than I got. Enjoy!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I'm in Canada and that would be an amazing deal here. Have a blast with it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    My wife purchased a new LBGE for my birthday list past March. I thought it was a great deal. That is until I got the credit card bill.....
  • In the long run the deal should be getting great lump locally at a reasonable price. Royal Oak at $6.37 for 10 pounds. Congratulations and welcome.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    Just a couple things:

1) My table build took 5.5 evenings to complete. Then again, I'm very much a 'beginner' woodworker. Really glad that I built my own though...learned a lot.

2) Pizza on the BGE is unbelievably good. You owe it to yourself and your son to do neo-neapolitan type dough on it. Very, very good.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    I agree with that sentiment. Besides, this is only the first. To really get a feel, take the average cost of your first three Eggs and by then you will know you got a good deal. :-)
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    (OT --- Hi Bill!! This is Jack!!)
  • Wise One
    Good to hear from you. I have found a good Cajun place up in here in Duluth. I now can get me a Gator Po'Boy for lunch.
  • reader40
    reader40 Posts: 69
    great deal...most folks around here in WI have just the larges for 799 or 750 depending on where you call.

Congrats and happy egging!
  • Wise One
    I thought originally you were in Wisconsin. Since you're not just get a few brats to throw on? Chomping on a few of those just makes the world seem a bit better and you'll know what a great deal you got.
  • FSM-Meatball
    FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    Sounds good for all the stuff.

I was able to build my table in 2 days. But it felt like forever because I wanted to cook.

I have been using the Royal Oak from walmart. But recently switched to the wicked good which is more expensive but works better.

I am right around the corner from you in Mount Airy, MD. I get the wicked good from the dealer here in town at the pool store in Twin Arch shopping center.

Happy Egging.
  • BB1857
    FSM- Thanks for the update on the charcoal. I bought some of the Green Egg stuff which is really good and i bought a bag of the Cowboy brand but it burns WAY too fast. Gets super hot though. I actually got my cart built today. Came out pretty nice i think. Looks very much like the Egg one. Took me about 5 hours and $60 worth of lumber so I cant complain. I will post some pics when i get a chance. I am going to go to the pool store to get a gasket because i messed mine up cooking pizza last night. Nice to find a local on here. I LOVE my new Egg!