Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

last nights dinner

Options
Jerzee
Jerzee Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got some great recipe ideas in yesterday's thread. Unfortunately I was missing several key ingredients so I decided to save them for another day and instead went with tequila lime chicken with grilled hearts of romaine and mexican corn.

Making the glaze. Came out fantastic. Gooey, sweet, and spicy.
CameraZOOM-20110505171834.jpg

All the ingredients at the grill ready to go.
CameraZOOM-20110505180107.jpg

Final result. Wifey loved it but we both agreed that the grilled romaine was nothing special. Unless of course I did it wrong. :whistle:
CameraZOOM-20110505185135.jpg

Comments

• dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    Looking Good Dano!

Stay thirsty my friend ;)
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Dan,

The glaze looks TASTY! Can you share the ingredients and how you cook it with the chicken? I have tried a few ideas but nothing that looks like yours! And besides...cant really keep Tequila in the house with the wife around....you know...clothes falling off...... :ohmy: :whistle: :ermm:

Thanks!!
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Good lookin' meal, Dan. My wife loves grilled romaine, I'm like you, just dont get it. we do a lot of mexican corn, one of our favorites!!
  • Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    Options
    I had forgotten where I got the recipe (I have a large binder of printed out Eggfest/Eggheadforum/Other site recipes) until I searched the Cookbook here on the forum. It's keefus's recipe:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=1048

Some things I did different:

-Used chicken quarters instead of whole chicken. Really, just use whatever cut you want and cook it to temp.

-Didn't have time to let the chicken sit overnight with the coriander/salt/pepper so I just lifted up the skin, put the mixture underneath, then wrapped the skin back over it. This actually turned out quite nicely - as I bit into the chicken, I got a mouthful of glaze before going through the skin and getting the coriander taste.

-Didn't spray oil on the grill.

-Grilled around 400 degrees to internal temperature.

-Raised spider with drip pan, chicken on highest level of adjustable rig, corn on raised grid.

I would definitely bump up the quantities for the glaze. It reduces considerably and after you taste it you're left wishing you made more. :P
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Thanks Dan! Will definitely check it out!!!!