Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salesperson Survey Question

milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the yrs. customers ask "What makes BGE better than other grills?" Wellll, that will keep talking for quite a while. My question for you is. What is your SIMPLE answer?
I'll try to select the best answer that I like, You'll prob. get sumpin for your answer if I like it. Thanks milesofsmiles. :):):)

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    My answer is simple, it is the most versatile cooker you will ever use and it will last forever.
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    So true, Thanks. R. R U safe in Bama?
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Yes, just minor wind issues where we live. Very mild in comaprison
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    people seem to be very impressed when I tell them I made bagels in the bbq :)

and they be like whaaaaaa?

and then I be all like.. mmhmm

and they be like in the bbq?

and then I go on to explain to them how I did it.

I also find tasting the food is a big selling point.
    context is important :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Its the last grill you will ever buy. (Except when you buy another BGE to keep the first one company)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    One of the strongest selling points is the lifetime warranty. All other type cookers are a purchase and have an end life somewhere down the line. The BGE, on the other hand, is an investment due to the indefinite longevity.
    Another point I like to bring up is the experience people have in trying to cook chicken pieces on a gas grill! Those flare-upos often turn into raging infernos and require putting out the fire with water or removing the chicken pieces until the fire dies down. Not a problem with the egg........if you don't leave the dome open! This particular point sold an egg in Augusta last Saturday! The couple I was talking to went right in the store after hearing this and bought an egg! :laugh:
  • Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    Versatility, fuel efficiency, expandability, reliability, simplicity. Oh and it cooks some damn good food too.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    it looked better than my weber kettle and my water smoker was useless in zero degree weather B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Mr. Jones,

It is simply the most versatile cooker in the world, that will be handed down to your kids' kids. Can't beat a lifetime warranty!
  • Ripnem
    Fish,

Water smoker? :ermm: back in the day we kept ours behind the couch. :P
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    The question would be. "Before I answer that, may I ask, What is the problem with your current grill?"

This would give the salesperson the reason why the buyer is looking for a new one. (the pain) All of the benefits of the BGE will come out by finding what the customer's pain is.
    People buy for two reasons:
    1. to relieve a pain.
    2. to get satisfaction.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    All grills get hot. All grills cook. But when you lite the Egg it becomes an event. Your creativity is sparked, the presentation is enhanced, your entertainment moves to a higher level, and the anticipation of what's coming next fills you and your guests with excitement. It's more than a grill, it's a lifestyle.
    doug
  • fishlessman
    just dont spill it over on the rug, nasty nasty nasty :laugh: i really bought the egg because it looked like the ultimate kettle grill, had no idea what it could do :) you would think the dealers would tell you it was more :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    something i didnt know til the other day googling something is that some of those big hookahs used lump charcoal, maybe the whiz could offer a hookah lump review on his site :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    No words necessary...just cook them a chicken.
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    You must remember Smiley; it's not just an Egg, it's a lifestyle.
  • Ripnem
    yup. You put a single piece on the 'goods' and as you draw in, that coin shaped lump turns that perfect colour orange. :P I also remember having some foil, with holes in it, over said goods. tobacco I mean
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    WELL.....
    Show me a better grill, smoker, oven, eye piece, conversation starter, fuel efficient, temp controlling, lifetime warranty, fail safe, better food cooking, lifestyle changing cooker in the world and I will buy it for you, if you can find one that will pale into comperison to the "Big Green Egg"!
  • fishlessman
    my favorite way to cook a leg of lamb is with an open fire and a flat rock placed off center so i can rotate the roast. wish it had a higher price tag so you could buy it for me B) its a pretty sweet setup, drop the lamb into the red hot coals, then remove to the rock for a slow cook
    fukahwee maine

• BigA
    You must have read that all wrong, it has to be better in all ways!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my favorite way to cook philly cheese steaks is on a flat top, but i dont think a flat top is all of my points better :laugh: :laugh: might have to try you way next time... :cheer:
  • Ripnem
    Flat top?

Breakfast
    5add6b22.jpg

Lunch
    b31b2241.jpg

and Dinner
    0df77986.jpg
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    When someone takes the time to cook outdoors he or she does it because they enjoy the taste of the food prepared that way. When you cook on the Big Green Egg you take that sensation to a level unattainable by other cookers/grills.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • BigA
    nice job, but you know what i mean. :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    my rock only meets these...eye piece, conversation starter, fuel efficient, temp controlling, lifetime warranty, fail safe, better food cooking, lifestyle changing. lets see, theres one near every lake, mountain top, stream im near, no need to transport the rock, fuel is found nearby for free, rocks will still be around when we are not. now with a cooking grid, dutch oven, fry pan im pretty well set :laugh: flipping eggs is hard in the woods, take a top of a bean can and slip it in the tines of a fork and you have a spatula, a multitasker B) now you can carry that egg to the mountain top, im dragging up a keg of sams :woohoo:
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Interesting topic indeed and not such a simple question. Nothing worthwhile is simple.

I believe the egg experience for the forum eggr's, or a person that has lurked on the forum is quite a bit different than for non forum eggr's.

"What is your SIMPLE answer?" Other than impulse buys there is no simple way to sell.

It has been long said that sales is the easiest low paying job or the hardest high paying job there is.

It was interesting to see the reasons for buying is to relieve paid and get satisfaction to that I might add pride (the underling desire to have the best).

Another important problem to solve is to identify and resolve what is stopping the prospect from buying. To that add the fact that many people can't buy unless they have the approval of their significant other (or someone else).

People are afraid to buy; afraid of the product, afraid of the company, afraid of the manufacturer, afraid of paying too much, afraid of looking foolish after their purchase. Unless there is no other source people will not buy from people they do not like and or trust.

The 'low paid' salesperson will not even know or use or try to solve the issues. Looking at that persons sales they have a few items on the the ticket and if allowed always discounting or tossing in something to get the sale. In other words a person buying a will buy an egg.

The 'high paid' salesperson will, through conversation, will find answers and solutions to the above needs and fears, identify who has the buying decision. Their ticket will be higher margin and will be filled with accessories. In other words, that salesperson will sell the egg, as well as smoking woods, maybe some different lump to try out, covers, thermometers, Dutch Oven and CI skillet some fun stuff like marsh mellow roasting rods - whatever is in the store to be sold.

I hate sales and in the same breath I love sales.

Like it or not everyone is a salesperson in almost every aspect of ones life. This goes to the basics, even to get a date one must sell. Once married one has to sell to 'get things' whatever those things are.

So the simplest answer I know of is to act friendly to a customer.
    . Identify if they have the ability to make the buying decision and have the money.
    . Find out why they are wanting something new/different
    . Eliminate the fear of:
    . the fear of BGE and the egg
    . the fear of the retailer
    . the fear of the salesperson
    . the fear of looking like a fool once purchased

To the extent these issues are resolved, one way or another a sale will be made.

my 2¢

GG
  • Grandpas Grub

The problem is, you are already sold...
    The only issue is how to sell you another egg(s). :) I smile cuz I am in the same boat.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub

Dang it Ripnem, now I have to go cook some breakfast.

GG
  • Dreggs
    Dreggs Posts: 147
    So when can I expect my new Komodo Kamado?
  • Grandpas Grub

Sure sounds like spring fever...

GG
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    This is the grill that will make any "cook" a better cook due to its diversity.