Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to Big Green Egg-need help on price

Options
bene08
bene08 Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello! I just learned about Big Green Eggs and am excited to purchase one. I am interested in a large and a retailer near me is having sale after a rib competition.

Is this a good deal? Cooked on once. Thanks in advance! Chris B

The Demo Eggs include: Large Big Green Egg, Accessory kit (Damper top, spring assist band, dvd, thermometer, owner’s manual), Large Nest, and a plate setter, Ashtool and Grill Gripper.

Regular Price: $929
Demo Egg Now Only: $749.00 + tax.

Comments

• EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Very good price and with a plate setter, excellent price.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Depends on where you are, but in my opinion, that's not exactly a show stopper bargain, but is a decent deal. Most dealers (at least in my area) include the "accessory kit", ash tool and grid gripper with the egg since the egg is pretty much useless without it.

The nest is about $99 last I checked. Dunno what a platesetter goes for these days.

Check for an eggfest around your area and see if they have a better offer.
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Good price for all that! Where are you?
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Agreed- that is a good price. Welcome!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Maybe see if they will throw in a bag of lump so you will have everything you need ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    Options
    That's a very good price for a demo egg with all accessories.

Not sure where you are but if you're in the tri-state area, I can point you to a dealer that sells brand new larges for $649.00
  • bene08
    bene08 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I live in MN, Prior Lake. The competition is in Shakopee.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    The Plate Setter is included as well as the other accessories as well as the Nest.
  • Egghead Willie
    Options
    Eggcellent price
  • TheLazyC
    TheLazyC Posts: 97
    Options
    Go for it. Best money you will spend, even at full price. I love mine and look for reasons to cook every day but dont get to cook except on the weekends due to heavy schedule
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    Go for it! I am a dealer and I can't match that price.
    Pricing depends on location...the dealer has to pay for the shipping and has to pass that on.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    It's a good deal. Will be stopping by the competition myself. A couple other eggheads would recommend the dealer here in Shakopee. Poolside in Little Canada hosts a eggfest in late fall as well. I think the demo eggs are around the same price as this competition. I would say go for it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • apollo140140
    Options
    very good deal for a large. they don't go on sale unless they are used.
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    Fidel wrote:

The nest is about $99 last I checked. Dunno what a platesetter goes for these days.

Check for an eggfest around your area and see if they have a better offer.

If it's a rolling nest, the retail price for that nest is 179.99 out here in California.

For comparison - 2011 Demo Egg price including nest = $745.00($354.98 off retail) plus tax ($68.91)

Retail for Large Demo Egg ($899.99) with rolling nest (retail $179.99) both assembled ($20.00).

It's a good deal. I'd jump on it if I were in the market.
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    Go and get a camera with all that money you save. Then you can show everyone why you got it :cheer: