Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ET-732 acting funny

Options
abundell
abundell Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a new ET-732 replacing an old ET-73. Worked fine a couple of times. Plugged it in today and the dome temp seems OK, but the food temp is doubled. In other words, the food is actually 100 deg and reads 200 deg. I plugged probes into old ET-73 and readings are correct, so it seems as if probes are OK but unit is not. Minor issue is that dome temp differs by 25 deg between 732 and 73, but it's the food temp I'm concerned about.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

Comments

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Did you try changing batteries?
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    So take it back and get another one.
  • abundell
    Options
    But everything was cooking twice as fast! :-)

I'm gonna go the return route. Just thought if it was something easy, like push this button twice and tuck it under your pillow for an hour, I'd do that. I bought it from Yard and Pool online.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I have a suggestion. Turn the units off swap the probes.

put the food probe where the pit probe goes and

put the pit probe where the food probe goes

Now see what happens and make your deductions.

Give them a call in the morning. (800)526-0954
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    u seem surprised. it IS a Maverick product after all. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• abundell
    Options
    Surprised? The only surprise is that I musta passed a brain stone when I actually thought "Hey... the ET-73 was a complete piece of kaka, I'll bet the ET-732 is perfect!"

I bought it because I want to monitor temp remotely and I just can't get past the price of a Stoker/Guru. And I thought that Maverick redesigned everything I hated about the ET-73...

They moved the on-off switch to the front instead of having to remove the little door whose latch breaks ten minutes after you buy it.

The probes actually can stand some heat instead of going HHH.

The receiver actually works from more than 15 feet away.

Alas, it's not so great and it seems to be the only game in town. Tried Polder, Weber before that. Nothing worked.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    haha, good post. :)

The Guru doesn't do remote either. The stoker does though. If you have enough toys to make it work.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut