Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest - Thanks Bob

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Once more Bob's Texas party came off very nice. Thanks Bob.
They are so cute when very young
photo-20.jpg
Ed where he always is, giving class at Egg U
photo-18.jpg
Greg our very own distributer
photo-25.jpg
The Austin Smoker family (except Brad)..Brad did a Chimichurri Sauce and steak that I came home and made for Sunday......
photo-19.jpg
and just some shots
photo-21.jpg
photo-24.jpg
photo-23.jpg
photo-22.jpg
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Thanks for the pic's Mickey. ;)
  • Mickey
    Tim you are going to have to come to Texas one of these days :laugh:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Mickey, Glad to hear it was a good time. Who from the forum went this year?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    hmmmm, no "chickens", lawnrangers, chubbies or mollies! How did that happen? I thought the Lake Travis event was mandatory attendance for Texans! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    I need help on this but:
    Ed , Brad, Joan,,,,, somebody chime in here please...cut me some slack guys: i'm old.....

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    We missed it but right now we're having rum & cokes on Wakiki Beach.

See you in Athens

Spring "Spoiled By Riches" Chicken
    Honolulu Hawaii USA
  • Mickey
    Leroy tell Frank I was next to a whole bunch of LSU people who I invited to Salado next year.... What food they did - wow....
    And head cheese, very good...and boudain - outstanding

• Cuba libres en la playa de Waikiki B)B)
  • Mickey
    When there it is Mai Tai's only......

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Sounds like a couple of rummies have fun with pineapples. LOL
  • BHall235
    BHall235 Posts: 32
    We made it ....and cooked last min.....but worked out well had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Mickey, wished we had been there......but Salado was a dream... ;)
  • fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    We cooked 300 servings of grilled Bananas today. Several folks from the forum were there.
  • Grilldog
    Grilldog Posts: 21
    Yes, thanks Bob, it was great. Also thanks for inviting me, good ole Grilldog, to come out and teach a couple of the classes. It was great and this year we had H.E.B. "Plus" on 620 and Anderson Mill donating a lot of the food that was used for Egg University as well as my own Demos. Plus Mandola's out in Bee Cave provided me with the dough I used for the pizzas. I had a great time and I look forward to future EggFests! Everyone was friendly and there was certainly a ton of food!
  • HEB Rocks. Thanks again for my book Grill dog. im gonna try a few recipes today.Wish me luck.
  • Grilldog
    No problem I was excited to be there. You'll have to let me know if you get the chance how the recipes turned out!

Thanks and if anyone thought I did a great job in representing HEB and having their food at the event you can always let the store know how I did. Feedback is always appreciated.

The store that donated the supplies that I represented was the location on Anderson Mill Rd and 620

You can call (512) 249-0558 and ask for the main office or go to the HEB Home Page and use the "Contact Us" Link. If you call the store they know me as Grilldog and if you use the contact form You'll have to say something like George "Grilldog" Bakley

Thanks

If no one feels like it that's ok too.

Thanks again

George
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Wow, that's great. How did you get H.E.B. to donate the food? Was it for you only or for a lot of eggheads?
  • Grilldog
    I produce and host a TV cooking show that airs on Tuesday Nights in Austin on Time Warner Channel 10 at 7pm, called Grilldog Presents. It's also streamed at the same time on www.channelaustin.org. I hooked up with HEB about 2 months ago and they were psyched about providing the food for my shows, with or with out being televised. When Bob from BBQ Outfitters and I talked about me being one of the instructors and demo cooks, HEB was Glad to be on board.

They provided both me and Egg University with Products! They supplied me with the pizza sauce, 3 aged parmesan cheeses and pepperoni's that I used in my Pizza demo's (it's actually what they use on their own Pepperoni pizzas, since they don't sell raw dough I got that donated to me from Mandola's Italian Market and restaurant in Bee Cave). HEB also provided me with about 10 lbs of different cuts of beef to demo at my demo eggs. For the school they also provided 4 pork tenderloin's about 4 lbs of chicken tenders and 4 lbs of Tri Tip. They also provided many of the sauces that I used in my recipes.

The folks at H.E.B. on 620 and Anderson Mill Rd are proud and happy to support Grilldog's Community and TV activities. They were also happy to provide the food for Egg University and my demos. Although they don't carry the egg, they are there for community support.

In short, Good ole Grilldog teamed up with H.E.B. and we formed a pardnership and hope to be around for a long time. This is a small planet hurtling through space and we are all neighbors, friends and family. That's why we do what we do.