Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menards makes a sale!

valrune
valrune Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_2027.jpg
$3.99 for a 8.8lb. bag. Comes out to just over 45 cents a lb :woohoo:
I have used the Royal Oak lump from Walmart with good results but have never tried there "Steak House" flavor before. Sometimes you just have to jump and see what happens!!
My closest Menards is about 15 miles one way but I think it was worth the trip even with these insane gas prices.
Hopefully you have a Menards nearby and can save a couple bucks ;) .

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    LOL - I scored 16 bags myself on Monday after XYRN brought the Menards sale ad to our attention. Did you also pick up some of the wood chunks? That price was also good. For those interested I believe that $3.99 price is good until May 2...or until quantities run out. OTOH I wonder if Menards will issue rain checks? Hmmmm - I gotta follow up on that one! :laugh:
    IMG_2151.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Only 20 bags? :lol:

My closest Menards is now 60 miles instead of 85.
    Was going to go today but weather was iffy.
    I'm thinking of going for 30 bags . . . might even see how many will fit in a short bed! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Ron:

Let me know if they'll give you a rain check! :silly:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • PFSmith
    PFSmith Posts: 34
    Got in on this last year when I was on vacation at the cottage in Michigan - we don't have Menards here in Birmingham. My friend and cooking buddy in MI picked up 5 bags for me this week. That, along with the 4 bags I had left from last year, should get me through 4th of July week!

Pat
  • RRP
    4th week of July??? Don't use your egg much, huh? :laugh:
  • valrune
    No wood chips for me.... 2 years ago my Mom lost the last apple tree from the orchard that I grew up with and few axe swings later I have a little pile of "smokin' wood" :lol:
  • valrune
    Only 20, didn't want to piss off the wifey too much.........funny thing is I never hear a complaint when the food is served :laugh:
  • RRP
    I will! What I'm afraid is they leave the broken, torn sacks out and will say they won't give you a rain check unless you take their remaining inventory. In some cases I've seen that will involve using a scoop shovel, demanding a scale AND a further discount off the sales price!
  • loco_engr
    yeah, I know da feeling! :( :sick:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I bought 15 bags on Monday at the West Omaha Menard's and I think I'll go back this weekend for 15 more. It's a great price.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Picked 6 bags up this afternoon without the intent of picking up lump. Will be making a second trip with the truck.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • :laugh: I just bought 20 bags on Tuesday. I was surprised at all the strange looks I got from people. To top it off the young cashier said "Oh man, do you know how many bags you have?" I told her yes there are 20 (which is what I had) she quickly scans 1 bag and turns back around to the register. :blink: I told her she should at least point her finger and act like she is counting in case a manager is watching her.
    She said "good point" and as she was telling me the total, she was pointing and moving her hand around as if she was counting, while talking to me about the coming storms. :laugh:
    Anyway, naked whiz had this rated pretty good so I thought I would take my chance with it.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Shame the Menards around here is 20 minutes away.
  • DrugCoder
    DrugCoder Posts: 219
    Well this sucks.... The closest one for me is two states away. Guess I'll miss out on this deal.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    10 bags for me, may go get more after I cook with it, still have a little regular Royal Oak in the egg and about a third of a bag, Easter will take care of that. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • UPEgger
    UPEgger Posts: 39
    Had to go to Marquette, MI on another matter....Dropped by Menards and was able to get 9 bags @ 3.99. This will fuel my mini for a LONG time. From my place Menards is about 128mi one way. This info about the sale came at a convenient time. Good to be able to take advantage instead of finding out about it 3 days after the sale ends..... lol. UPEgger.