Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good price for a mini?

frankie482
frankie482 Posts: 263
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am able to get a brand new mini with new hinge and handle for $200.

Is this a good buy?

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    If it is brand new, that is a steal and I would go to whoever is offering you this price and offer him or her 250 to try and get it away from you ;) If that is brand new run, sprint, get in a muscle car and get that egg as quick as possible. :)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    grab that little baby!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    You can't do any better than that.
  • frankie482
    What do they cost normally?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I paid $250 and that was 2 price hikes ago.
  • Scottborasjr
    I think, and someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe MSRP right now is somewhere around 400-425 depending on location.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Hell yeah!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Holy cow! Glad I brought my midget home in 97-98...I could be wrong its been some time ago but I think it was 100 on sale. But then again the large was 500ish when I bought it in 97 too.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • loco_engr
    $310 here in KS
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Current list price, per BGE reliable source, is $379.00. With no accessories.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Scottborasjr
    Just wondering if you know what a small or medium is in the wonderful town of Maryville?
  • draiggoch
    draiggoch Posts: 11
    Gentleman/ladies:

I realize that this is off subject a little, but, my local GE dealer was selling the extra large GE (oval) for $1,300+ .. I found it in North Georgia for less than $900 .. it does pay to shop around ..
  • loco_engr
    Dangit! I knew I shoulda taken pics! :sick:

WAG (Wild Ass Guess) :silly: :unsure:

S=$510
    M=$590

very unsure :ermm: though
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • frankie482
    Carolina Q wrote:
    Current list price, per BGE reliable source, is $379.00. With no accessories.

Only accessory is the stand correct?
  • Scottborasjr
    This is why I am wondering, my buddy saved almost 200 dollars by going to Maryville Ks, a couple years ago on a large. Just wondering if the price difference is still so substantial now. ;)
  • loco_engr
    might mean the ash tool, as it is smaller
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    BGE does not make an oval. That would be a Primo brand.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Is it HOT? $200 is a "steal" so that's why I wonder! Is it for sale by a BGE dealer and is it in fact NEW?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Sounds like a very good deal to me. :cheer:

Grab it.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Grid gripper and ash tool are extra as well. I think that's it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• $399 at my local shop.
  • loco_engr
    email me, and I'll try to find out for sure tomorrow

my forum handle at the hottest email dot com
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • PFSmith
    PFSmith Posts: 34
    I called around Birmingham a while back looking for a Mini and the going rate was $315, and that was before the price hike.

I stopped in at a dealer about an hour north of Birmingham and bought their last one, with the metal cap - no stand - for $249. I felt like I got a good value.

Pat
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Sorry you're too late, I already bought it.
  • frankie482
    SOOO,

Would you spend $200 on a MINI or $440 on a MEDIUM if you already had a large?
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I'd spend $640, and get both. Oh yeah, I already did. :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • frankie482
    Well here it is!!

IMAG0062.jpg