Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My StufZ.net review

Options
PhilsGrill
PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read a few week ago about this hamburger 'stuffer' called StufZ.net. Intrigued and love burgers I purchased one for $20 bucks. Watching the videos' all looks wonderful (as usual). So here is what I found.

Made in USA in Michigan. Received in 7 days so this was nice. I bought some 73/27 hamburger from Kroger and started out.

Long story short, the unit was cumbersome to use, difficult to make a 'pocket' and the meat stuck the the plastic.

Making the 'top' to seal the stuffing still caused you to press the edges with your fingers. The huge thick patty 1.5" thick cooked just fine at 350 over Jack Daniels chips. The finished product was still thick and if you want to add any lettuce, tomato, onion and bun you one HUGE burger that can't really fit in your mouth.

Bottom-line, save your money. I have a $5 hamburger press and if you just make two burgers and use a whiskey glass to press the center and now stuff it with what you want you will have the same thing if not better.

Heck even slammin' the meat in your palms and pressing the center of both will create the same effect.

All in all, not worth th $20 bucks when you can make it yourself with a lot less effort and ease.

My opinion anyway...

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks for the review. My hamburger maker is called Cindy. She cost a lot more than $20. so I think you got off lucky. :laugh: Mine even talks. :whistle: The only thing is mine eats burgers. Reguardless I guess I'll keep mine. :)

Have a good one Phil. :)
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Chris from Nibble me this did a review on this thing last week. Check it out. His results looked very tasty.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I love mine.I bought the 2 pack,they were cheaper that way.I did make sure to spray it really well with cooking spray before making the patties ,no sticking,I also used COLD ground meat.You are correct,it can be done several ways with similar results.I just like gadgets. :) Made perfect,uniform, thick burgers,just like I like em.Probably not for everyone.Then again,nothing is.Sorry you had bad results. :(
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    No, it worked, just that it was cumbersome and can be made easily another way. That's all.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Thanks for the review, i was wanting to buy one but they only excepted "paypal" and went i asked them if i could just send them a check, i never heard back from them??? I found it's just as easy to pound the patties out on a piece of wax paper -- i can get them fairly thin . Found some cheese at Sam's Club called "Ballyshannon" Irish which has the right melting point for cheeseburgers, and has great taste.. :cheer: