Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket experiment

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brisket.jpg
<p />Price Chopper had flat trimed brisket on sale. Thought I would try something different with the flatter parts for a more even cooking time. I rolled the flatter parts around some slivered onion.

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    jake42,
    Very interesting. Keep us posted with the results. Joe[p]Did you marinate the flatter/rolled parts in anything first?

• jake42
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    now that you mention marinating that would have been a good idea. I basically seasoned it up real good last night, wrapped it in plastic wrap until this morning. Took it out of the fridge and injected it with marinade. I will post the end results.

• Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Options
    jake42,
    What is holding up your drip pan? I like the extra space you've got. When I cook, I've been putting the drip pan on the lower grid.
    Joe

• jake42
    Options
    joder,
    An inverted platesetter. I also have for copper L joint pipe fitiings under the very shallow drip pan. This allows a space between the drip pan and the platesetter. I have found that this keeps your fluids from burning up so fast.