Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Unveiling of Clay\'s BBQ Egg Table........

Comments

• A wonderful post. And I must say I was not surprised that you won that beautiful table, since you bought nearly all the tickets!!!

That was such a nice gesture of Clay and Diana to deliver it, and you returned that favor by with a fabulous dinner. Wow is all I can say. And I think you are all lucky!

Thanks for sharing.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Congrats on the win Rebecca! I am sure it's going to be hard to use that tremendous piece of art. It's beautiful!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Faith, indeed, we are all lucky to be welcomed among this community of wonderful eggheads! :)

P.S. Are you heading to egret's Georgia Mountain fest?
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: Beautiful!!!!!
  • eenie meenie
    Molly, EVERYONE has advised me not to use it as an egg table, or at least get custom glass cut to place over the table top. But I suspect Clay wants the table to be used as intended and he has built it to withstand the abuses of egging. It is a functional piece of art, the best kind! :)

Although, I might add, I think he was horrified to see the neglected condition of my XLG. :pinch:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Not all of it B) Clay is from one of those way north states isn't he?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautiful meal & pics Rebecca. And that is one amazing table, congratulations! BTW, do you have a recipe for the potato dish? Or was just a "wing it" dish? Either way, everything looks great.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Of all the times I wish I had my video camera on... when when you started screaming and bouncing up to claim your table...OMG...I could have made a small fortune on Youtube!....Congrats again..
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • eenie meenie
    Fluffy, thank you.

I just 'wing' the potato dish. Smear your dish with olive oil and take some smashed garlic and rub the dish. Place an overlapping layer of thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of tomatoes (I use canned tomatoes when out of season, they are much better than those awful supermarket ones. If using canned tomatoes, drain them and remove the seeds and cut out the cores), then a layer of thinly sliced onions. Add S&P, chopped parsley, basil, and oregano and some minced garlic to taste. Repeat this sequence one or two more times, depending upn the depth of your dish. Place a few pats of butter on top and cover the foil or a lid and bake at 350 degrees for about and hour and 15 min to hour and 30 minutes (depends upon how thick you sliced your potatoes). When the potatoes are done, let the dish rest to reabsob some of the liquid. Place some grated some mozzarella cheese on top and broil until browned and bubbly, serve. Let me know if you like the dish. If you need me to be more precise, let me know and I will try to measure stuff the next time.
  • eenie meenie
    Tim, there was no way to contain my emotions when I won the raffle. :lol: I had my heart set on winning Clay's table. I know a good piece of art when I see it! I'm still on cloud nine. :side:

What a wonderful fest Tim! You all know how to plan the perfect fest! :)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Both of you are my Heros. Really.

LR
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Rebecca, congratulations on winning such a fantastic prize. I found it very enjoyable to read about the table, and see the pictures of the food you served to Clay and Diana. Clay is certainly a master craftsman, not only in wood, but also in his cooks. And a great gentleman for providing custom delivery and setup services. It's always good to see such a prize going to an appreciative Egghead. Thanks for the pics and for the link to Clay's websiute, which is artfully done and has some great photography on it.

Uglydog
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    We woke to a coating but it's gone already. Let the mowing begin. :)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Congrats Rebecca, that table found a very deserving owner indeed. What a beautiful and functional masterpiece, matched by the wonderful dinner of appreciation. Now you'll have to invite Clay back annually to refinish it B)
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Thanks! That sounds wonderful, will be trying it soon. Haven't used the mandolin in a while.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Clay is a true artist. I hope his students know what a great teacher they have, although I'm sure most of them don't.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks for sharing, Rebecca! BTW I see this was table #7. I have seen 2 of the others in person at Oswego - both were for mini's - I'm hoping Clay shares pictures of all 7 sometime.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    You're one lucky lady, Rebecca. That's an incredibly beautiful creation. There's only one other person in the world I would rather have seen win that! :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Chubby?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    You got that right pardner! :lol:
  • eenie meenie
    :blush: , ah shucks Michael.
  • eenie meenie
    Uglydog, you've managed to condensed the essence of my post into one simple paragraph! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Gary, rest assured, Clay and Diana have a standing invitation. I know he hankering to 'tune up' my XLG, but time constraints wouldn't allow.
  • eenie meenie
    Bobby, that's why I wanted the table something fierce. I recognized that it was a piece of art! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Ron, hopefully he'll place all seven on his website.

I figure I have a future "Chippendale" or "Eames". Mabe I better update my will.
  • eenie meenie
    egret, I'm surprised you're eardrums aren't broken. I recall you were nearby when my name was called. Indeed, I was lucky! :)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Awesome table! Clay is a very talented artisan - you are one lucky lady....great food to top it off. Doesn't get much better than that. :)
  • eenie meenie
    Thank you Elizabeth.....sure hope you are hopping along these days! :)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Rebecca:

That's a most entertaining and delicious photo essay! Thank you so much for letting us all see the entire story from A to Z.

You must have been running on fumes for those couple of days, but this is a marvelous story you'll relish all your life. I'm so happy there is a special table for a special gal in Dayton...many years of joy with your new objet d'art. (Don't forget to work on the will.)
    Judy in San Diego
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    those tusk tenons are a stroke of genius........ !