Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duals

Options
hizzoner
hizzoner Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been running a large for a couple of years now. I've got a major backyard renovation going on right now and am building a pool that has an attached, sunken, outdoor kitchen. I often run out of room on my large and am considering adding a second large Egg to accomodate. I'm usre it's been done. I would love to see pictures and here suggestions.

Comments

• hizzoner
    Options
    I ran out of room tonight for the appetizers (stuffed mushrooms) and had to put them in the oven.

208364_1325896603135_1702518334_578100_2972964_n.jpg
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    You'll get a lot of inspiration from these. Good luck with the build.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning hizzoner:

Here is my set up with two large Eggs (plus a mini Egg & small Egg)...
    P4050902.jpg

It is nice having extra cooking room!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• hizzoner
    Options
    I'm considering having two larges........I'm thinking of placing them side by side. You agree?
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning hizzoner:

I really like having them side by side with plenty of counter space on each side...that way I can stand between them if I need to be working on each one at the same time (any time I can save a few steps I will :laugh: :laugh: )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Having 2 larges is nice. I say keep them close so all the smoke is the same place. I just recently got my 2nd large but have a medium, small, and mini also. Its hard to breathe in an area where several aggs are cooking and you are trying to prep food. Maybe a sink between the prep area and the egg would be nice?
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I have two large eggs. There is only the two of us but, we have friends over and love to use both eggs. I have one AR setup with wok and spider. I also have the plate setter and CyberQ II...I can be smoking something then go grill on the other... ;)

I have one egg in a table and one in a nest. I can move them around if I need to. You will love being able to move eggcessories from one egg to another. I like the egg in the nest and a handler bolted to it and a table beside it. I love my two large egg setup. ;)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I've got two Larges, and it works very well for us. eggcessories, cookware, etc all wok on both eggs.
    I have mine in one table, right outside the ODK, still close to the workspace, but the smoke stays out, they are in a wheeled table, when the weather is really bad, I can pull them in.
    good luck with your ODK
    DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00211.jpg
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    That is on fine cooking area, I can see you're enjoying life. :laugh:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Another fine looking cooking area, way to go. It's great to see what you Egger's have done to enjoy your outdoor cooking. :)

Cheers,
    Bordelllo
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Nice outside structure - curious about the heavy duty wagon with rocks - unusual design with the protected wheels or are those wagon sides merely let down?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fire egger
    Options
    Thanks, thats a Lowe's special, the sides are down. it is actually a handy little cart, the pic was taken while we were still landscaping.
  • fire egger
    Options
    Thanks Bordello, we enjoy being outside
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    Our 2 larges aren't built in, we have the first one in the nest and the second one is in a table. At some point I would love to have them built in though.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    Do you have glass or screen over the top? I like having plenty of sun and light shining in but with 60+ inches of year a waterproof covered area is really needed.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • hizzoner
    Options
    This is the current plan for the kitchen and pool

STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_001.jpg

This is the inside of the kitchen (sorry, red is a close as it gets for an Egg with this software)
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_008.jpg
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_009.jpg
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Angela:

It is screen...similar to a pool enclosure...we get our share of rain here in Florida, but those evenings are when we eat leftover egged food :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL