Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

God I love the T-Rex method for steak!

Options
3Pedals6Speeds
3Pedals6Speeds Posts: 439
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While my college freshman son was home for spring break I made he and his friends who came to "Spring Break in Michigan" T-Rex steaks. Last visit it was pizza, this time, steak. We bought a whole ribeye and trimmed and cut ourselves, so i was able to get them nice and thick. That cornbread box in the 1st picture was what I used as a gauge to get consistently thick steaks (1 1/2" I'd guess?).

IMG_2849.jpg

My wife and I were worried they'd be too big, they looked like mini roasts, and we'd have leftovers, oh well, proves what we know. The consistency inside is amazing with this method. These look slightly less done than they actually were (iPhone camera is good but not great). It must have been tasty because a couple days later my wife announced she'd purchased another whole ribeye, and I should plan to cook these again soon.

IMG_2850.jpg

As much as I like the dry aged ones I did a while back, these were spectacular.

Comments