Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OH, HAIL

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had a hail storm come through. Luckily it was only about the size of a pea so don't think we had any damage. Others in the area had up to golf ball size.

Mike

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Cool! I don't think I have seen hail since I moved south, it may be to hot down here and melts before getting this close to the ground.

Looks like a bad time to run with scissors! :ohmy:

Blair

• TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    Gator, you can have mine if you want it. :) If it gets any larger than this it really does some damage. Likely not visible but this probably took a couple of years off of the life of the roof. The EGGS held up just fine though. :laugh: Mike
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Hi Mike, I'll let you keep it, now that I think on it I'm not so sure I want to hear it on the metal roof of my trailer! LOL, that would be deafening. :lol:

OK, it might be fun to hear once or twice. :)

Blair

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    We got hit in Knoxville about 8 years ago and most houses in the neighborhood had to get our roofs replaced. The damage wasn't visible on ours but the adjuster checked it out and the insurance replaced our roof.

Hope all is okay!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Bad thing about that size or just a little bit bigger is it will strip clean all the new leafs off trees and garden plants. About 15 years ago that happened. Over night it went from rich deep Spring green to dead winter. Didn't break big limbs or hurt roofs just stripped every limb bare. :blink: