Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loney & Salmon... Polar opposites :)

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This past Saturday the wife and her sister, plus some others, went to a craft fair at the expo center. This meant I got to have some time to myself and that I was then expected to cook dinner for "the girls" when they got back. Worked for me as I had been way too inactive on the Egg and was ready for a cold beer, some wood smoke, and some basketball.

I did a smoked bologna for lunch and smoked salmon, asparagus, and risotto for dinner. I also found a new spicy BBQ sauce that I liked a lot-- a little spicy and not too sweet.

The loney is very simple... mustard slather, my rub, smoked 2 to 2 1/2 hours at 250. Once it is smoked I slice it thick like a burger and direct grill it for some good crust and extra flavor. Top with a slice of rat cheese, maybe some onion, and a good splash of BBQ sauce; thats one fine sammich! I also slice the majority, vac pac, freeze, and then fry it up as needed for lunch.

The salmon is brined, smoked, and then glazed. I smoked the salmon at 225 until about 145-150 with mainly apple and one chunk of pecan. Very tasty!

I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are the ones I took.

Loney off the smoker...
A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

Salmon out of the brine and ready for drying in the fridge
A.JPG

B.JPG

dinner is served
C.JPG

D.JPG
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments