Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi-Temp Silicone Gloves

fieroguy
fieroguy Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for the brand name of the hi-temp gloves that I have misplaced. They do not have individual fingers.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Orka maybe?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    as the others have said you probably are refering to mitts from ORKA. The older ones were rated to 550 degrees but the newer ones are like 450. From personal eggperience I strongly suggest only getting the shorter 11" ones. While the longer ones protect your arms in the summer they will not slip over shirt or coat sleeves! How do I know, you ask?...well I caught the worst cold I have EVER had 3 weeks ago because each time I needed to use them I had to remove my coat!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    you don't catch a cold from not wearing a coat
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Orkas - dems da ones!!!

Thanks Guys.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    You are correct, Rod - but I had that friggen coat ON and OFF many times during the 7 hours I was present and cooking at our Cabin Fever Cook Out where it rained off and on and the highest it got was like 29°. Yep, I froze my wet *ss off and maybe I caught a cold from others who attended.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Has anyone here tried the Summit Fryer Glove? They're a bit pricey, but look really good. The fellows at Costco, who run the chicken rotisserie, wear them and speak highly of them. I'm considering a pair, but would like to find them cheaper than $32 + $9 shipping.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I bought these off eBay about seven or eight years ago for under $10 if memory serves me. I have no problem picking up 700° plate setters and pizza stones with them.

SiliconeGloves.jpg

I searched for them again a few years ago to give as a birthday gift but couldn't find them.

They are worth having though.

Spring "Hot Pot In The Hand" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    I have some Orka gloves that go up almost to my elbow. They are pretty great.

For those that haven't used them before, I will say have a plan before you pick up a hot plate setter. Know where you are going to set it down, it should only be 2 or 3 steps away max, and make sure you have a clear walking path to get there, and tell everyone around to get the heck out of the way.

Every time I go to an eggfest I see someone pick up a plate setter with Orkas or welding gloves, then start trying to figure out where they are going with it in a crowd, their hands get hot after a five to ten seconds and they set it down on the ground real fast so they don't burn their hands.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.