Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Roast a la Hoover's Sauce

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a boneless pork roast today at The Fresh Market. The butcher said it was a loin, just packaged up in a net to make it look better. :huh:

How to cook it?????

I simmered some olive oil with 8-10 sliced large garlic cloves. I removed the cloves, minced and reserved them. I mixed the garlic-infused oil with equal parts of Hoover's Sauce (a local, secret recipe teriyaki-type sauce sold in a few stores or directly from Mr. Hoover Lee himself). I injected about 2 ounces into the roast, then poured the rest, with the reserved minced garlic into a ziplock with the roast and allowed it to marinate while the egg got ready.
Indirect, elevated cook with a couple of handfuls of dried fig trimmings - 275-300* dome.
Here is the roast, ready for the fire! Added a few turns of fresh ground black pepper just before the grill.
DSC_0453.jpg
I heated the marinade and did one good basting about 5 minutes before removing from the Egg.
Pulled at 138* internal, foiled and rested while I had a drink with my neighbor.
Sliced and juicy: :woohoo:
DSC_0454-1.jpg
DSC_0457.jpg
Plated with some tomato/basil orzo and a chicken/pesto empanado (both from the The Fresh market Deli :
DSC_0458.jpg
The roast was tender, juicy and flavorful throughout. I was concerned the Hoover's sauce would be too strong, hence diluting with the olive oil. As a result there was just enough hint of the teriyaki to add to the pork flavor.

Nice meal for me bach'ing it as the wifey is in Arkansas for a few days visiting one of our grandsons.
(Poor quality) phone pic of Emmitt just after she arrived there this afternoon:
Emmitt.jpg

Comments