Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bass pro getting in on the act

Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to bass pro yesterday and saw this ceramic cooker. The dome seemed to be a larger than the base all the way around. Either the springs were too tight or it had too much felt because it wouldn't close all the way. I don't know what brand it is.

bpsegg.jpg

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Last year Cabella's had these on the floor too. The staff had no idea what they were, what to do with them. I talked to one sales person and he got 2 others. They said one could get some wood and put in the cooker and cook. They has a sales price on them at $350 and the stand was $45 more. The sales people said they weren't selling too good. I had to laugh...

The ones I saw has some real sloppy work when putting them together.

Kent
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    BP model 660 'Loney cooker/smoker.(chitlin drier) :laugh: ;) BTW,I was not kidding about you and the family using the camp.Ya'll are MORE than welcome.Just let me know. :) I just got back from there a couple hours ago.Me and a buddy took his kids turkey huntin.No luck,but we found some IMPRESSIVE SHEDS! :)
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Sweet, thanks for the invite. I told my wife and she is excited about it. I'll definitly get with you on it.

I saw some impressive head gear running around a couple months ago. ;) Scott did too :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    GW! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He hunts Wood Goats! :whistle: :laugh: He had to fill out the observation sheet---Milk present?....yes,...on lips! :ohmy: :laugh:
  • That one sorta resembles the ones that our Sam's club was selling last summer. I have a friend a work that has one of those, the base cracked on the first cook. She had to get a new one and it works "fine" now. Hers has 1/2" ceramics. Pretty much the same price.

Haha her mom has an egg and after that model broke she calls it the "rotten egg" haha! :laugh:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i think there's no other conclusion at this point... looks like BGE never trademarked the general design and appearance of the egg (dimpled exterior, glazed, placement of vents, handles, thermos, sidetables, etc.)

even if you didn't invent something, you can trademark it (it's 'signature appearance')
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    I saw one of those here in central Alabama anad you are right the top did not fit the bottom, weird. Randy