Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Stike !!

StumpBaby
StumpBaby Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seems like some folks got their panties in a wad bout somethin what you done rote. I aint even findin what you done what was so bad but so b it. I no this. Some peeple aint got nuttin to do but wate for things what they can git all mad bout an whatnot. let them spout out what they wanna. I do know this..these folks is in the miinority...oh and they prolly have tiny weiners too. Not that there's anything rong with that...mostly cuz they prolly have tiny hands and tiny sticks of butta two.

I worked with a folks what was like this..you couldn't say nuttin what was funny lest they fine somethin rong with it and get there undies wet by gettin you in trubbble. Won time we all of us at work all done ordered chinese food for lunch..and there was one women what ordered that wonton soup...we all ate our foods an whatnot and we wuz all readin our fortune cookies at the end.and somewon.. done asked my what mine said and I said this..
" Mine says, I pissed in the wonton soup"

there was 15 folks there...not countin me..and 14 of them laffed until they stopped...the 15th won walked away...and complained to his manager and got me in trubble for usin the word pissed...

The manager what had to tell me was laffin when he done it but he hadda tell me nohow.

I could care less ...folks what can't laff at **** can stay home with their x-rated movies and stacks of cheese curls turnin their hoohah brite orange..

folks what are like that will get to their lass days and wonder why it is they spent so much time being mad at the world, stead of livin an laffin and pissin in soup. Heck with them.

Me..I spend every single damned day of mine life in really god awful eggscrutiatin pain like you read aboout..had both hips replaced, doing my knees soon hopefully, and after that every single joint in mine body will still hurt cept for my new metal ones. I still go to work every single weekday, the fuzzy little misses stump brings me there and back every day since I can't drive no more.

I could stay home an look at mine x-rays and all mine MRI's and cry woa's me bout mine bones and bone joints what are dead or dyin..or I could just be glad mine weiner was already boneless and move on in life

Am I mad an nasty....do I sit round bein angry at every folk what says somethin I don't like...nope...life is too short..heck last year I went to the zipline in the white mountains, full dubble armcruthes an everything..hurt liek hell an I paid for it for a full week after it was done..nbut it was funna then hell..no lie..an i did it with my daughter and a bunch of my brothers, neices and nephews in whatnot...i prolly did some kinda damage what will need some fixin..don't really care...im movin and thats fine with me...let them pick the pieces up behine me an rty to slap em back on...

can't post nearly much as I want to..typin hhurts like you cannot believe..haven't cooked in a long time on accounta i have a god-awful time carryin stuff out to the smoker, liftin the lid..and carryin it all back in. i still do it sometimes least ...when the weather is fine. I can't stan the cole though it makes my bones hurt pretty bad...takes me two hours to get up in the morning and get my hands and feet to move enough so's i can go to work and function..sorta gottta pick my battles i spose...

Gotta go ...get heat on my fingers afore they freeze up on me for the night....too early for that...

keep at it Stike...funny as all get out...

StumpBaby

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Well said and welcome back.
  • As someone that has followed this forum for 12 years but have rarely posted in the past several years ... all I have to say is AMAZING.

Somehow Stike brought Stump out of his 'hidey hole'. Just reading a new post from Stump was worth the price of reading through every single one of them 'controversial' threads and posts to me.

Heck I might even start posting again more often myself. :laugh:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Good to see you around again Stump.I have always enjoyed your posts,and I agree with ya on this one for sure :)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Good to see your still around and kickin the weeds..I know you were going through some tuff times, but man you and Log just fell of the face of the earth...wishin you the best..

ef14.jpg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    So beautifully said, Paul! The hand dealt you in this game of life shows how truly brave and strong you are whether your bones and tissue are not! Thanks, my man!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Well said Ron!
    I second that!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Hey StumpBaby!
    I missed whatever the latest raspberry is. Stike is the man...he is a giant in eggdome. Always enjoy his humor and advice, hope to shake his hand someday. I agree, keep at it stike!

Anyway...Good to hear from you!!! :cheer: If you can, get here on the forum once in a while...shake things up a bit. And tell us what's cooking as well. ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    A PLEASURE and INSPIRATION to read your post.Godspeed!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Howdy Stump. Glad you posted. Wish you could do more of 'em.

Also, thanks for reminding us that even if we are only half way healthy, we should appreciate our good fortune because it could be worse.

Take care.

Spring "Smiles Make People Feel Better" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Paul,
    You are and will always be the best read on this forum. Sure miss your posts on a regular basis and your emails.
    I really wish you the best and hope you get some comfort soon.
    Take care,
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Welcome back to Eggland Stump, nice post and glad to see ya are still up to it with the pain and all. Hope the best for ya.

Pop in whenever ya muster up the energy to do so.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Paul,

Thank you for bringing some sanity to all this! We have all missed you for the last couple of years. I hope you get some relief from your pain soon. I know for a fact that stike respects you more than most.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egg salad
    egg salad Posts: 24
    I'm a "newbie" but WTF is wrong with the loney ???? they keep the site fun !!! and I love baloney ! :evil:
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Welcome back Stump. It's been a while. Missed your unique humor.
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Hee hee! Welcome back Stump!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Well sunnuva b!tch.
    Nicest compliment I ever had, having stump come out of retirement to put his foot down

God loveya man. Last we talked I thought things were getting better

Email me thru the forum if you want I'd like to keep in touch even though it sounds painful fOr you. You don't have to write much , just would be good to have yer current email

You still get a mention every so often and god knows Easter is coming up

You sound happy. And deserve to be
    Don't be a stranger.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    If nothin' else, you get a "thumbs up" for bringin' out some of the old guard.

Keep posting. :laugh:
    South SLO County
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Please do. It would dispel the myth of the lost elders.

We are plus two with returned elders so far. And all as a result of our supposed unfriendliness :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hey I'm not an elder. Don't have the post count. :laugh:

Just had the worst 2 - 3 years of my life and before that was too busy with work and home to post almost at all.

Ironic that I just moved and now can only have my original large in my new place, the others are in storage and the poor guy is sitting out on my deck without his guts, dome and top band being affixed to the dome.

Maybe the fact that I came out of posting retirement means the crocodile part of my brain is saying put down all the other things I have to do and get the G.D. Egg assembled in the new place!
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    it's a great moment to have you back. Where are you at this point? Please stay around and offset this evil bastid stike. ;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Carey,

I am still trying to come up with an intelligent reply to your garden troll thing. I will get there. You remember what you did to Omba...Bastid

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nysportsfan
    nysportsfan Posts: 241
    This reminds me of Studs and Duds over at FBG....hmmm.
  • I'm new to this forum, but not new to the world of Eggery. Its great to see the Eggdom rally behind a veteran Egger. What you wrote Stump is a testament on good living. Thanks for sharing your words and thoughts.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    some real wisdom in there... it sounds like your courage really acts as an inspiration to those who know you...
    context is important :)
  • i almost cried when i got up and read this this morning.... i miss my 'brother' stump probably more than anyone who has left this forum over the years!! i'm just glad you are still around and lurking, and that stike was able to pull you out of hibernation with his little film! .. .all the newbies over the past 5 years or so just have no idea what they have missed not having access to your dimentia!!!!

Stumps_shirt.jpg

a picture from a better time. . ..sure hope you are hanging in there. ...never let life get you down!!

DSCN0204.jpg

i love ya buddy!!!!
  • Stump- great to see you post! I know it was physically difficult but damn it was another classic.

Thank You!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Stump, welcum back. I no youse sound all krippld and such, but once i sawd this photo of you:

wd04_100.jpg

i nowd that you wusn't nobody to be messed wif. Gawd, I miss you and it shore wuz gud to heer frum ya. Well, ceptin' i don't miss the farts.
    The Naked Whiz
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Thanks for the great reminder of whats important......I am sooo confused...... :unsure: :ermm: :P
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Well said... I may never eat won ton soup again!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com