Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15lbs lost since Nov.23rd

Options
Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I was told by my doc to change my diet and get more exercise.I was also tired of going into spring with accumulated winter fat.
So instead of joining a gym we bought a stationary rower, it comes with an on-line coach. We use it 5-6 days /week.I hate exercise equipment but love this rower.no impact.
Diet:
High fiber..No more white flour except for an occasional caputo flour pizza dough pizza.You can substitute most white flour recipes with whole wheat pastry flour.Don't buy products with enriched whole wheat flour as first ingredient. We keep a zip lock bag of raw veggies in the frige for snacking along with fruit and nuts.we make our own chips from pita chips. preheat oven to 200' cut pitas into chip size wedges and split the two layers,lightly salt & bake on a baking sheet ( no oil)for about 1-hour until crisp.Works with 6" corn tortillas too.Make salsa from scratch.Hummus made from garbanzo beans replaces sour cream dips.Make your own salad dressings.Eating well Magazine has tons of healthy and delicious recipes on-line
We use 9' plates instead of 12".Cut back on salt and especially prepared food from the grocer..loaded with sodium and fat.Oatmeal for breakfast with blueberries and sliced almonds.You can Roast most veggies at 425 for 25 minutes rather than fry( indirect on the egg).Mix olive oil, garlic powder and herbs of choice in a bowl ..add sweet potato fries,cauliflower,broccoli, onions,or regular potatoes, toss to coat.Eat lots of legumes( beans) high fiber keeps you full and so you don't want to snack.Keep a record of what you eat so you can see what you are putting in your mouth.There are web sites like Sparks People to help with calorie counting.
Since November all my lab results have improved in just 2-1/2 months...I ate No ABts :) You just have to change your attitude about eating.
This is what helped me I hope this helps others.7 more pounds to my goal.

Comments