Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Mini Takes A Boat Ride....

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,965
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whew! What a day of boating/egging. But it wasn't without a few speedbumps.

It was a beautiful day yesterday, so we left the dock with great intentions at 10AM. But had to go back when I got a call that my alarm was going off at home. So went back to the dock to find the sheriff coming out of my back door. Hello, Sheriff.
False alarm.

Left the dock again, but this time had a problem and had to call Sea Tow and get towed in to the dock. First time getting towed. This took 2 hours.

P2264153.jpg

After conferring with a few boat captains that have owned boats for hundreds of years (apparently), we fixed the problem and headed back out at 2:45 PM.

This is the boat loaded up with all the stuff you need to go egging:

P2264157.jpg

We found a quiet little cove and threw out the anchor, lit that mini and got to... what else? Shucking oysters!

P2264161.jpg

Garlic butta, asparagus and parm cheese topped:

P2264162.jpg

Next some coconut shrimp in the CI skillet:

P2264163.jpg

When those were finished, I sauteed some mushrooms in butta and salt with a splash of white wine, no pic.

I found a new use for the cupholder!

P2264164.jpg

After cooking the asparagus and putting them in a foil packet, I threw on some pineapple dusted with DP Pineapple Head. Put those in a foil packet too.

Next it was filets cooked on the steel plank - toss some kosher salt onto the HOT plank, throw some butta on it, and SEAR those steaks, 2 minutes a side.

P2264168.jpg

While the steaks were resting, I quickly reheated the mushrooms, shrimp, asparagus, and pineapple. All were in foil pouches except the shrimp, which I put directly on the grid.

Plated:

P2264170.jpg

Served along with my favoritist Chardonnay!

P2264173.jpg

Perfect.........

P2264175.jpg

By now the sun was fading and the shadows were starting to fall. The egg could still handle cooking more food~

P2264177.jpg

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

P2264178.jpg

Got back to the dock at dusk. What a long, fun day of boating and egging!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments