Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs in the Desert / whole pig in large BGE

mbmike
mbmike Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Everyone who missed the Eggfest here in Phoenix missed a great time, weather was a challange but the turn out of eggheads, Dr bbq,and all the folks that love bbq was amazing. I searched the forums before on smoking a whole pig several members added there questions and answers to prior eggheads that had tried this before so I tried 1 a month ago with success and decided to pull another one off for the Eggfest in Phx.here are a few pics of my pigs. approx 15hr cook at 225 with a bbq guru, i first brined the pig in apple cider,water, brown sugar,salt pepper, garlic,all types of spices, removed 5 inches of backbone cutting the ribs out also around the rib meat, then he was able to be put in a rackwith his head sitting between his rear leggs. I removed the fire ring for space.int the kitchen sink getting a sponge bath, 1 rule make sure wifes not home IMAG0473.jpglaying out IMAG0474.jpg

Comments