Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

P. Shoulder & Bolo chub (I hope)

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got around to Eggen that pork shoulder and hunk of Bolo. Timing sure didn't work like I thought it would and I was allowing a margin of error. :whistle:

What I didn't take a picture of is injecting the shoulder with a 50/50 mix of unsweetened apple sauce and Capt. Morgan's spiced rum, it was also rubbed with brown sugar, wrapped in saran and left overnight in fridge, then came the D. Dust & Red Eye Express,caraway seeds and some deliciously dill spice mixture.

Afterwards it was slathered in mustard and rubbed in just like one expect old Bordello to do. :whistle:

Feb10th2011ButtandBolo003.jpg

Feb172011WendysBolo002.jpg

Feb172011WendysBolo004.jpg

Feb172011WendysBolo006.jpg

Bolo, slathered with mustard and worcestershire sauce

Feb172011WendysBolo009.jpg

Feb172011WendysBolo010.jpg

Feb172011WendysBolo012.jpg

Last pict. of the shoulder just before it was done and put in a cooler to rest. This shoulder cooked way faster then I figured. Only took a little over a hour per pound. I think maybe all of the apple sauce and rum mixture (moisture) might have been the reason.

Feb172011WendysBolo015.jpg

I put it in the cooler at 1:30 a.m got up at 4:10 a.m. to pull it but didn't take a pict. :(

Cheers
Bordello

Comments