Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking for Super Bowl?

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got back in town and LC and I had a talk about our upcoming Super Bowl Party. What started a few weeks ago has turned into a culinary event. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The menu for the party is:

Pulled Pork
Spare Ribs
40 lbs of wings
gator skewers
bulgogi skewers
terriaki skewers
shrimp skewers
clams
mozzerella roll ups
grilled romaine
stuffed mesurooms
BBQ beans in a DO
Slaw
5 varieties of stuffed puffs (shrimp, crab, etc)

Homemade Hummus, Taboule, shrimp dip, oinion dip, spinach dip, and pita chips

Cheese, meat, and vegie trays.

That will teach me to leave town before a party!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What are you cooking?
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL did the clams clean up OK? I was shocked to find her online the other morning at 6!!!!! AM that is !!!!!! but she just had not been to bed yet LOL
  • bubba tim
    She did comment that after 5 washing, they were still a little sandy. So she washed them again.. :whistle:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • whew, with all the ice on the ground up here, I gues our invitation got delayed in the mail :whistle:

Great menu, it is going to be a blast to be at the fish camp!
  • No where near that much, but the host of out party got called to work last week and party got canx :( So for wife and myself and her sister and brother in law we'll be haveing 8.5 lb butt (pulled pork is his favorite) and a 6.5 lb flat, ABT's, slaw and Pineapple upside-down cake. Hope we have enough :P and thank you for food saver machines!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Dang..........and my invitation got lost where?? :woohoo:
    We're just keeping it simple compared to yours :

Cowlickin' Chili, ABT's, smoked nuts and cheese, wings, meat balls and cocktail wieners ala Leroy, pulled pork, grilled sausage links, and several dips.

Just hope it's a good game!? :ohmy:
  • Forget football
    That menu takes center stage!!!
    Let's see the remodeling job,too!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Tim, our menu is just as long but everything is easier to spell and pronounce :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll have 5 eggs going along with the Oklahoma Joe sidebox and a Traeger
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Tim:

I think I'll not cook anything and just come to your house...just wish you were closer!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• I am doing a couple of butts. The one on the left is a 13 pound plus Birkeshire butt, the other a cheap one. Going to see if the Birkeshire is all that. I am going to a party so the butts are just for me :blink: I ALWAYS have a problem with timing. I plan on putting the Birkeshire on at 2 today. The other at 7. Most times my butts take at least 2 plus per pound. I will be using a DigiQii @ 250. Do most of you use the ramp mode?
    15hbh3b.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    Susan, I only use ramp mode if I'm not going to be around but I do use the open lid detection
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Bubba Tim and Little Chef, can I join in on your culinary Super Bowl Party??? Wow, sound terrific!

Well I think I'm in trouble with this Ice Age Mammoth brisket. :blink: Not sure how I'm going to do this. First off I see it's bigger than the egg, second- looks like a ton of meat for 4 people, third- I don't want to do an overnighter, sorry, I like to sleep at night so I got to work out a plan with this monster that is probably my most difficult meat to cook. Like the Green Bay Packers, I'm up to the challenge. So I'll be doin research for recipes. Right now looks like a fast brisket recipe at elevated grill temps with a braising stage. Vidalia1 taught me that method. Thinking 6 hours + or - and hour??? Anyway, here it is, Mammoth brisket. HELP!
    BGESuperBowlBrisket20110002.jpg

BGESuperBowlBrisket20110004.jpg

BGESuperBowlBrisket20110003-1.jpg

Diana Q is going for the Green and Gold of the Packers, me too. :P

BGESuperBowlBrisket20110001.jpg
  • Susan, ditto what Pat said. Ramp will extend your cooking time and risks drying the butt out. Only use ramp if you're going to be away when you guestimate that the butt would be done and your worry is overcooking. I try to never have to use it, but when I'm cooking butts at home while I'm working, it has come in Handy. :ohmy: :laugh:
  • I'm checking the flight schedules now......looking to drop down in Melbourne then head down to Miami! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a veritable feast! I can't wait to see pics. Make sure LC gets some sleep!!!!!!! Doctor's orders.
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Playing with spare ribs: Plan to season & vacuum seal them, pre-cook them in the Crock Pot, then finish them on the egg. Never tried it before.
  • Beaker
    Beaker Posts: 293
    This is on right now...Brisket going on tomorrow and lots of other stuff!

IMG_0825.jpg
  • Thanks Pat & WW! Just lit the egg, checking thermometers now ;)
  • Pittsburgh sammiches. grill a loaf a bread, pastrami, coleslaw, and french fries with a little garlic aoili.Not bad for Aiken, SC. Wash it down with Penn's Pilsner and Duquesne beer. Yeah, my stash of beer showed up at Xmas and saved some for the game.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Drape the brisket over a rib rack and that should reduce the length sufficiently to fit inside the EGG. Best of luck on what ever method you try. :)
  •  
    Hey bubba tim, Welcome home and all my best to the Mrs.,
    I haven't seen y'all around much. :)

I'm planning on a couple bratwurst and sweet Italian sausages gently grilled to a golden brown on a 300º egg. Should take me all of about 15-20 minutes. With a little bit of what's-their-names spicy brown mustard I should be good to go. I allowed myself some tatter chips and onion soup/sour cream type dip for starters and some of Publix fresh fruit salad for deesert. party00211.gifDrool_20.gif

Will keep my weather eye half open but all 'n all lookin like a good day.
    WeatherWidget1-2.jpg

Take care BT & LC,

Blair

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Good idea, thanks. Was thinking of cutting into two pieces but I'd rather keep it whole if I can. Also the meat will shrink as it cooks, it's just getting it all in the egg at the start that is tricky. I'll use your idea and I should be fine.
    Have a great weekend! :cheer:
  • bubba tim
    I thought I would take a break and have me my first sasperilla... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Eze Up is up, Table and chairs are set up, Coolers are clean, all 4 eggs have been clean and filled with fresh lump. LC has gone to Publix and we will start another day of prep...who's idea was this again? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00084.jpg
  • bubba tim
    I tell her Doc. Fly into Ft Lauderdale, it's quicker.. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    Jay, I am close enough....only 5 hours... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    What,, and miss this setup?

100_4557.jpg

and this food?

100_4545.jpg

100_4553.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:
    I'd head south but there would be 60- 80 tagging along :whistle:
  • bubba tim
    Nice appetizers there Pat... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I hope you are not letting Dan cook!.. :whistle::whistle: