Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Overload

Options
Bulldog Mom
Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My husband has been barfing over the list prices for Steven Raichlen's books at B&N for a long time.

We happened to visit the half price book store today. Let's just say, he hit the jackpot.

IMG_7469.jpg

Can anyone say "clean up in the food aisle?"
:whistle:

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Judi,

A whole book on beer can chicken?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Egg Master 3000
    Options
    I like those books. Good detail. I have the two on the left and his rubs, sauces and marinades. I use this forum more but those books are helpful in learning prep techniques.
  • Bulldog Mom
    Options
    Steve:

The exact title is Beer-Can Chicken and 74 other offbeat recipes for the grill.

There are 29 recipes that involve a dead bird straddling a can. The rest are offbeat items and include meat, fish, sides and desserts.

It looks interesting. Personally, I am looking forward to the "Cardiologist's Nightmare." :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice find Judi! Tell your husband to get cooking. :lol:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Judi,

Oh, sorry I couldn't read the fine print. I have seen the book before. On the subject, I have been inverting vertical chickens with good results.
    DSC_0025-1.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bulldog Mom
    Options
    Steve -

Those chickens look GOOD!

Now mind you, we still need to buy the "set up" rig for the beer butt chicken. I am thinking we just may rely on the can of bud to set her upright!
    :lol:
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    How to grill is a great book. Nice haul!