Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PBM Dutch oven chicken 'n rice - yumeeee!

WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There have been a number of posts about this recipe :) :P but I had to give credit again...When I was home in PA last week, Mark made it for me and I loved it! He printed off the recipe for me and I made it tonight for dinner. Dave (and Tucker) loved it too. It was 1) delicious 2) very easy and 3) quick to prepare. You just have to have time to cook it - it requires a good 90 minutes; I let mine go an hour and 40 minutes. Thanks, Mike! ;)

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Julia, No pictures, no recipe...what up with that? :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Bustin my chops, Molly! :laugh:

Here it is:

2 cups brown long grain rice
    2 cans cream celery soup
    2 cans chicken brith
    1 cup sour cream
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 small onion, chopped
    I added some sliced shrooms in honor of you, Molly!
    3 stalks celery, minced (I chopped mine in bigger chunks which I liked)
    1 Tbls worcestershire sauce
    8-10 chicken thighs (Boneless preferred) I used bone in with skin. The skin turns out kind of slimey but adds good flavor. I just peeled it off before serving. I also used just four thighs. Two thighs and plenty of rice for leftovers.
    Poultry seasoning
    Your favorite rub
    Salt and papper
    Prep: generously rub poultry seasoning and rub on chicken and let rest for 15 min
    In 5-6 quart DO, add all other ingredients and stir thoroughly. Place chicken on top, cover, and bake 350 for 90 minutes or until rice is tender.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of my favorite meals, also my wifes. Great comfort food.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    One of Neil's fav dishes. stupid simple and oh so good!!
  • MO Mule
    MO Mule Posts: 81
    Sounds great, i think i'll make it this weekend.