Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

note to self, keeping it positive...........

tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Stick with diet, cause it’s not your fault that after stepping on the scale for the second time in roughly a decade, the dang scale gave out a loud pop and now the numbers only spin when ya step on the dang scale............think I may have lost a pound............yea!
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Tom,

Least ya don't need two with a board across them. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Keep up the good work! :laugh: :P :cheer:
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    One pound at a time is all it takes. I'm trying too but it is oh so hard with those dang eggs smoking away with goodies. Tom, try this site...www.caloriecount.com. It really helps keep me focused. Good luck. Of course if you don't lose weight it's just more for me to love.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    If I don't watch it I will be called 3Fategghead. :blush:

Hopefully I'll be able to trim down this Summer. ;)
  • tjv
    one dang scale for each foot, new trend maybe.......scale shoes
  • tjv
    My next step is the junk yard, jump on the scale they use to weigh my scrap stainless.......the first weigh in would be wonderful, cause my hunch is that scale runs a little light......if ya know what I mean........LOL
  • I know all about "bad scales."

Bought me an upgrade scale that calibrates itself before I even get on it. Then it measures my weight in tenths of a pound. Then it calculates my body mass, body fat percentage, skeletal muscle percentage, body age, and viscaral fat level. Within a few seconds I can use the built-in regestry information to know if I improved or not from the last weigh-in.

Then I go to my doctor's office where they've got a $4.98-special scale that only tells them my weight. It's always eight pounds over what I just weighed at home. The nurse won't listen when I try in vain to tell her their scale is inaccurate.

Immediately after the weigh-in, she checks my blood pressure and gives me that 'you're gonna die' look. Why heck yea my blood pressure is high! Now I'm all worked up.

Then the doctor comes in and asks a couple of questions, checks front and back with his hearing aid and say's "you're good. Keep doing what you're doing."

So I return home, grab a rum and coke and flop in front of the TV. I take his advice seriously.

Spring "Never Trust A Lying Scale" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Keep up the good work Tom...You will get there.

Larry
  • tjv
    I am about ten days into this thing with Terri, Right now, I am good with everything.

Terri, my wife, asked how much weight I've lost. I said, no clue. She said, have you not weighed yourself. I said no, don't really care how much I've lost, only care where I end up. She told me, she cares how much I loose, so jump on the scale. She wants to track my progress. I'm thinking, she is keeping tabs on me to see if I'm cheating!

Can't really blame the scale bust on her, first time I got on it years ago, I bent one of the corners, reason why I never got on it until this week........LOL.

thanks for the link. t
  • tjv
    I use to be able to do that, gain ten pounds in the winter and drop them by end of summer......well maybe drop 8 of the 10.......
  • tjv
    did the scale take pictures too....that could get a fella motivated

if you use more ice and smaller glasses, it require more trips to the bar for a refreshing......you could call the trips.....the chicken treadmill and exercise......
  • tjv
    i figure it's only mind over matter, unfortunately, matter has a decisive advantage right now. i'm hoping for a similar finish as the tortoise and hare race.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Could be worse Tom, some peoples bellies stick out so far they can't even read the scale. :whistle::blush:-RP
  • "chicken treadmill" Hummmmm! I like it!

9:15 already. I'd better get started on my chicken treadmill.

You sir are a genius.

Spring "Notion In Motion" Chicken
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    I had a friend at work every morning his wife gave him a Healthy Choice meal to take for lunch.When he got out of site he used it for a frisbee.He would then go with us to lunch and eat a whole fried chicken.He never did lose weight.LOL

Larry
  • tjv
    Terri and I went to Central Market last night, upper end grocery with more good stuff than bad. Only problem, had two walk past two 25 foot or so cases, one fish munger and one butcher. With each step past, I'm thinking could do a "little of this with a little of that". It might be progress, in the past it was always....could do a "lot of this with a lot of that"!
  • 2Fategghead
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    After the stroke last Feb my Dr and my Wife told me the weight had to go. By mid-Nov had lost 40 lbs. I thought, hell I can do it so the holidays (and a weekend at both the Chicken Ranch and at LawnRangers) I have gained back 22 of it.
    Now back on it. The best help I got was using Lance Armstrongs Livestrong web site and phone app. You record what goes in your mouth and what exersize you get. It worked till I got a case of dumbass.
    Best of luck my friend.
    Oh, and my wife has a note pad next to the scales.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    My scale was giving me bogus readings because it was on a carpet. I moved it onto a hardwood floor and the #'s got worse!! 8 - (
  • TJV, if your scale has rolling numbers it might be time for an upgrade.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Kinda, sorta (ala Emeril) like the South Beach diet garbage..
  • 2Fategghead
    You can also adjust it to your advantage. B):whistle:
  • tjv
    I never really paid much attention to it, but in my Dallas office, the office kitchen is five steps away from my office. Great for getting a cup of coffee in the morning, not so great when folks start cranking out the lunches.......

We can compare notes in Salado. t
  • tjv
    If I start moving the scale around, well new scale, the wife will notice and think I'm no playing fair......she keeps it on the tile floor.
  • tjv
    I felt like I had a bet down and just waiting for the roulette ball to hit a number.......
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Join me in the low-carb world. Great for carnivores. Not quite my old self, but a heck of a lot closer than I have been in a while.

mShark
  • Thats what we are doing up here, 30 pounds gone between Randi and myself. Low carb breakfast and we always eat breakfast. Low carb lunch. No real limitations on dinner but we try to keep dinner to 1/2 carbs/liquor, 1/3 vegies, 1/3 protein.

We use the wii fit to weigh ourselves every day, the slope of the line is very encouraging and helps alot.

Good luck Tom.

Doug