Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Trailer

Options
loxic
loxic Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am considering setting up an enclosed trailer with 4 XL eggs inside. I would like them to remain inside at all times if possible. Any ideas on venting, I know I have seen the pics posted of an enlcosed trailer with 3-4 larges, looked like they had giant windows cut out but no exhaust hoods. I was wondering if that was enough ventilation. I am looking to primarily set up at local events and festivals throughout the year. Any advice or thouhts, feel free to chime in I am still obviously in the early stages of planning and any kinks that can be worked out or avoided based on this communities vast knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Check with the local Fire and Health Dept's where you want to work. In some cases, my municipalty included, will not let you cook in an enclosed area without a hood & exaust system. The grilling area of my trailer opens up on 3 sides with an exaust fan in the ceiling.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    loxic,

I would think you would be alright with a double fold roof on it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loxic
    loxic Posts: 25
    Options
    Sounds like I will have to check local codes to find out what is acceptable. It sounds like I would be safe without an exhaust hood if there is enough ventilation through the trailer and as long as it is legal. Like I said I am in the very early planning stages so I will be sure to look into your different ideas. Thanks again.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Like CBBQ said check with local health department. You will also need room for a 3 bay sink with fresh and grey water. Will need a fridge, cabinets for storage. Probably electricity. Make sure your trailer can hold all that weight and is big enough. Lots of little details too. Prep area, etc. Unless you have a commissary.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Here is a couple of pictures from Wessb's site of Jim Wimer's trailer with 4 XL eggs.
    Larry.

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00070.jpg
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    That's a nice trailer. The thing loxic needs to keep in mind is the difference in the rules between cooking/competing and selling food.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    You are correct...Its a different ballgame when your selling food.The trailer is very nice.

Larry