Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best part of football is the food

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I enjoy a good game but what I go crazy for is the food. :) While the Packers were working at winning I was working at eating so I fired up the mini and large. I think this was a win-win situation. :P
Potatoes with an attitude.
BGEGamedayfood0002.jpg

Wingies, baked not fried.
Before.
BGEGamedayfood0005.jpg

After.
BGEGamedayfood0006.jpg

BGEGamedayfood0007.jpg

And to celebrate a big win, grilled pineapple with drizzled caramel and a touch of whoopin cream.
BGEGamedayfood0008.jpg
Geee, sure was fun and taste-eee. Could not have eaten this well without my 'Green Bay Packer' eggs. ;)

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    the pineapple looks insane, I could skip the rest & go right to that - Looking good as always Clay.
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I agree!MAN that all looks good!Even the Seahawk Taters! :laugh:
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I have never been a football fan so I always figured the best part of owning an egg was the food, I'm not waiting around for any old football game. :lol:

Have a great day and may your team win,

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Ooop's forgot . . . the food looks fantastic! Your wings look perfect. :)

B

• Rick in Crystal Lake
    Options
    That looks really, really good! Those pineapples look soooo good. I could feast on that while the Bears are feasting on Seahawk!! ;) Packers and Bears next week??
    Rick
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Packers vs Bears...big rivals. Good excuse as any to cook up more hot finger food, right!?
    I'm thinkin ribs...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    If the Packers continue to play like they did last night they are SB bound! Of course our Bears are having a good game today too.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Clay, Thanks for posting those taters like that. I have yet to do them that way. Terrific meal!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Thanks, yeah wings were good. I made up my own chicken seasoning as well, turned out nice. Always tryin out new things, new flavors. The potatoes were fun, they get more like a French fry with butter melted over the slices but...baked, not fried. Sorry for the blurr pic's, I gota put my beer down next time.
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Yeh, Bears are doin good in the snow. Hope your team wins. Me, I don't care who wins as long as it's a good game and the food is cooked on the egg. :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    always wanted to do that with the taters, never remember. bet slipping in some cheeses at the end and guzzling on some gravey would be great :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Oh yeah, that sounds good. Love gravy, that's the French Canadian in me.
    Use some kind of stop for the knife so you don't go all the way through the tater when slicing. I use bamboo skewers, RRP taught me that. I flatten one side by taking off about .125" with a knife then I slice crossway's about .187" wide, the bamboo stops the blade. Kinda a martial arts thing I guess. :whistle:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    thanks for the tips. had some poutine a few weeks back, not the real stuff but see all the possibilities. was made with quick fried halved new potatoes, really good, was done in a wood fired pizza oven. bet rappie pie would be better with cheese and gravey as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    All looks great! But the pineapple...oh man that really looks good! If that is a "touch" of cream, I'd like to see a serving with ALOT of cream! :lol: :woohoo: :whistle: Happy my steelers won last night, but it wasn't pretty! Cookin up some pizzas on the small here shortly before the jets/pats!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Clay, thanks for the tip of the hat on that stopper trick!
    IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Clay your words are magical but your cooks are better. Here watching the NFL's games with veggies mostly
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Well I use to really like you until I realized you were a packer fan...all bets are off now ex-freind.

:)

But your food looks awesome!!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Looking real good there Clay, I am doing the same thing today, WINGS, I love wings on the Egg. Now for you desert I love to dive into that but I get such a sugar rush and the wife would kill me. LOL. See in a few, looking forward to it.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great post Clay.
    Everything looks awsome. :)
    Got some wings going on right now

Shane
  • Chief Chef
    Options
    Are you sure about your measurements? Very precise for cooking taters! They look great..
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Nice spread! Wings and football - nothing better. And the desert is mouth watering...:)