Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table question

Options
Spears
Spears Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi guys and girls, I am new here to the forum and my wife gave me the best christmas gift of all a large BGE!!! I am going to build a table and I have seen several on the naked whiz site. Just wondering what material I need to use ( pine,cedar,etc.). Any info is greatly appreciated. One more thing, this site rocks!!!!

Comments

• stahlee
    Options
    I'm also building two of the naked whiz tables. I'm using cedar.
  • PBens
    PBens Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I found a small sawmill locally and bought cypress for my table about 5 years ago. It looks great and the wood is easy to work with. Plus it is naturally resistant to insects. I mounted a medium and a large egg. I adjusted the height of the eggs using a frame and ceramic tiles under the egg.
    If I can find some of my old pictures I'll post them.

Paul
  • Spears
    Options
    thanks for the info. got a guy i work with he and his dad have a saw mill and i got some red oak from him, just got it planed down and going to start building it sometime this week hopefully. thanks again
  • Spears
    Options
    thanks for the info. got a guy i work with he and his dad have a saw mill and i got some red oak from him, just got it planed down and going to start building it sometime this week hopefully. thanks again
  • Spears
    Options