Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled chicken

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to make some pulled chicken sandwiches. I'm going to cook the chicken in the oven. Should I do low and slow or??? I'll be using boneless chicken breasts which are so much smaller and less fatty than a pork shoulder. Thanks!

Comments

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    If you're doing it indoors, do you have a crock pot? Chicken + rub + broth + 8 hours = easy to pull chicken.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I do have a crock pot. I'll get it started now. Hopefully since it's just 2 small boneless breasts, it won't take 8 hours!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Gwen, the only time I have done pulled chicken, it was accidental. I browned it in a sauté pan on the stove top and then added my fixin's for pasta sauce (canned, crushed tomatoes, herbs, garlic, etc). Whatever - it was liquid. Covered and let it braise (simmer). It wasn't supposed to be pulled chicken, but I let it cook too long and it pretty much fell apart. Don't remember how long, but I feel quite sure it was under an hour.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I did chicken breast on the egg last weekend and pulled them. I did them for 35-40 minutes indirect at 350 dome then boiled some apple cider vinegar and sweet baby rays about 50/50 and dipped the breasts and then spooned some extra on and wrapped them in foil like "the chicken" recipe and then wrapped in a towel and put in a cooler for a half hour. Came out good.

Claws.jpg
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Gwen, the best pulled chicken IMHO is done with thighs and cooked to 200 internal. The meat is juicy and delish. -RP