Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T....... S...E...C...!!!

Hoss
Hoss Posts: 14,600
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rocks,except for Ole Miss :sick: . :laugh: B)

Comments

• Are you kidding me. They barely have above .500 record for the bowl games. Oregon made a bunch of stupid mistakes and could have or probably should have won the game. I live in the southeast and the people are oblivious to other teams that are good. If it wasn't for a couple of missed kick, blown leads Auburn could have had 2 or 3 losses and not even be mentioned. Except for a couple good teams the majority of SEC teams are average. People in the SEC live with blinders on. You have to give them credit for winning which I do congratulations but they're are a lot of worthy teams(TCU? WHO KNOWS) that obviously can compete with SEC teams which has been proven. If the SEC was so good the other teams wouldn't have choked and let Auburn be undefeated and you wouldn't be cackling like a rooster right now.
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    Well .. I guess that the last 5 Nat'l Championships don't mean anything!!!
  • I didn't say that but 1 team doesn't mean the WORLD'S GREATEST AND ONLY WORTHY CONFERENCE . Last I knew it takes a lot of teams to make a conference not one. Like I said if team like Alabama, and I think Clemson (a missed chipshot to win) don't choke you would all be cooking on your eggs without a team in the championship game.

I don't dispute the last 5 but they're are only a few major conferences so it's not that hard to get in a championship game the way it is set up as the BCS. Some teams have NO chance of getting in it even if they were 13-0 and paid their players or voters (oops!) of getting in the game.

Nobody is giving TCU any credit which I honestly will never know since college football is to afraid to have a shootout like basketball to know who the best really is.
  • Let's waste time talking about eggs not some 18 and 19 year olds who don't know what an egg is. If you want to talk football go to ESPN.
  • Welllll, this the OT side of the forum. So Auburn wins, the Ducks get Grilled, and the S E C, gets Dissed. I say Go Vols, Roll Tide and good buy to Les Miles who may leave a Winning program and go coach in a loosing conference cept Ohio State. Go Buckeyes too. ROTFLMAF. Lets stir this post with a hugh stick. Ducks look good on an Egg. Mighty Tastee. :):):)
  • The best thing about today is the college football season is over and now we can focus on basketball where in April all the teams start out even and battle to see who is the best. Under this format if my math skills are correct there can only be one team undefeated at the end and everyone has a fair chance not just the ones set up to succeed by the bsc. Come on Connecticut in a bsc game? What the %^$#. As big as college football is a real national championship format can't be figured out or should I say doesn't want to be figured out.
  • So what loser conference do you support? :P
  • All of them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Oh yeah! They just hate it when you're right. Five in row ain't just for show and it just ain't bragging if you've done it.

Ole Miss will be decent again, maybe. Or they can just keep Nutt. But watch out for those dogs down south a bit!!!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    You sure do have a lot of "should haves", "could haves", and "if's" in your post. Last time I looked "could haves", "should haves" and "ifs" doesn't count at the end of the day no matter what sport your crowing about. I dont really care if you like the football rules set by the NCAA or not, right now the SEC has the National Championship, and has had it for the last five years. I don't really like the way the championship is handled either but right now under the current rules the SEC is the conference to beat. So have fun with your round ball and playoff brackets. Maybe next year your favorite NCAA football conference will be in the hunt and the rules wont appear so out of whack for ya. Back to egging! Later!
  • Hoss
  • Hoss
    Pardon me if I offended you.Perhaps I should have posted this on the O.T. forum but it was late and I was "Happy".I did however put the telltale OT in front of the post so all lookers could know it was not Egg related.Be well.
  • Hoss
    Gotcha! I just don't care for their attitude.
  • I don't get it, why do you chant SEC, SEC if your an auburn fan? Do you think I was rooting for Texas last year in National Championship game with Alabama? HECK NO! Do you think I was happy to see Nebraska melt against a horrible Washington team in the holiday bowl? YES! I just don't see how Tennessee fans where rooting for the gators against Penn State, when a couple months prior they where battling the gators in a rivalry game! Where LSU fans, who hate Nick Saban, happy to see them dominate Michigan State?
  • Hoss
    I support Mississippi State during the regular season regardless of who they play.After that,I support ANY SEC team that is playing ANY non SEC team.Yes,even Ole Miss. :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Well, the SEC Champion is the Nat'l champion, and as mentioned earlier in the thread numerous times, has been for 5 consecutive years. Any arguement that the SEC is not the best simply holds no water. :whistle: