Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: It would be a dream come true

Comments

• Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Oh, how we forget those days in Cleveland for Belichick. Not quite like the weather in Foxboro, eh?

I'm biased as a Colts fan.

However, I'm an NFL junkie, and would never question his tenure in New England. A HOF QB in Brady, making his offensive teammates a TON better than they'd be with 30 other starting QBs....always a rock solid O-line, and Belichick himself is the defensive mind.

They scheme better than their opponent, and consistently play to their strenghts and oposition's weakness. That's the coaching aspect, and he and his staff do it better than the rest at the current time. While he's a great coach, he's not at all appearing to be a 'good guy'. C'mon, remember the handshake incident or videotape? A good guy would be Tony Dungy. Not because I'm a Colts fan, but because everyone in the world says he is, and his actions always demonstrate.

But did I mention I was a Colts fan? It's sort of a strange feeling this season where they're really not expected to advance. So banged up on both sides of the ball all year....Peyton had his terrible 'slump' :woohoo: before righting the ship to the divison (again I'd modestly add). Not sure what to think, as they are healthier now, but it took an exhausting effort to get here.

I've always felt that had Peyton Manning been granted the Pats D that Brady's had, he'd have at least 3 by now. Both Brady and Manning make their teams SO much better; it is incredible. Don't think for a second the Patriots would win a SB with Matt Cassel or anyone else in a backup position. Brady IS that much better than those guys. These two guys take low to mid level players and quickly make them threats.

Kinda like, do you think Dirty Sanchez is coming out of Indy on Saturday night with a W for his big-mouthed, ego-maniac, footsie-playing Head Coach?

HE.. NO!!! Go Horse!

Yep, this Colts fan will now actually root for Belichick over Rex Ryan. Don't get me started on that guy...
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I don't like the Jets either. :)
  • Fornia
    How can ya? What's to like?

I don't care how far the Colts go/don't go, beating the Jets will make my season.

Rex Ryan forgets how last year Indy sat the starters (of course well argued)in Week 16 and helped get the Jets into the playoffs.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i will be rooting for the colts, believe me. now that you have vinatieri, you actually have a chance to go all the way.

every significant pats win was by three it seems.

don't give too much credit ti brady. eleven men on the line, and he basically has ten receivers. spread it around. that's play calling. it's not all hanging on the QB to make it happen. that's i think the ossue with the colts. you can not hang your hopes on one guy. it seems they always put it on peyton.

with the pats, it has always seemed the expectation is the defense will score, the special teams will score, and the offense will put it over the top. that's what has been so much fun the past ten years. every person on that team contributes. and no matter the personnel changes, thy just plug the holes. that's coaching. brady may be a great QB, but he doesn't do a thing for the defense. still need to stop the other team....

i crapped my pants when charlie weis left. no effect. then romeo crennel left. no problem. then josh left. oh man, how can they keep bouncing back? and then they did. and uh oh, now Pioli is gone too?

other than brady, faulk (who is on IR), and bill, i don't think anyone is still there from 2001. it's crazy. it will end some day. has to. i thought this year was a building year... we'll see. i don't like that they have rolled over everyone the past 8 games in a row. due for a loss. but BB is the master of "there is no game next week, there was no game last week. there is only a game THIS week. just win THIS game."

chances are good they can win one game.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    you know what, we always "hated" the jets, because it was a healthy rivalry. but since mangini went on the sopranos, and those clowns got even WORSE with Ryan boasting and bluffing, it has become an unhealthy hatred.

the teams that have every right to be out there pumping their chests don't do it. but the jets have no problem calling attention to themslves. well. they have it now.

the jets have made themselves into a cartoon this year. rex ryan is a disgrace.
  • stike
    another reason we pats fans hate the colts. :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    That's why they are the Jets.Are'nt they from somewhere around that city the Giants play??? :laugh:
  • Do you have any idea how many beers are going to meet their fate between now and when the Pat's finally take it? B)
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Oh and a roster roll over of 25 players from last year...youngest defense in the league, and a crapload of draft picks...

has to end someday, but hopefully not for awhile.

Please don't get me started on the if Peyton had a defense....two options, take less money have the team go get one (though this isn't really fair because no QB does this), or run an offense that controls the clock and doesn't put your d back on the field...he did neither, or maybe Dungy just wasn't that good of a coach?
  • Fornia
    crghc98 wrote:
    Please don't get me started on the if Peyton had a defense....two options, take less money have the team go get one (though this isn't really fair because no QB does this), or run an offense that controls the clock and doesn't put your d back on the field...he did neither, or maybe Dungy just wasn't that good of a coach?

Are you aware of Peyton's contract? He does already make less money, and it's been well documented.

Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure he does a good job of clock management.

Won a Super Bowl with worst run D in league a few years back. What would they do with something better?

Don't let your bitter feelings for a player get in the way of common observations, as you'll see above, I didn't do that with Bill and Tom's Excellent Adventure. :)
  • stike
    pats were a lock in 2007... anything can happen.

:laugh:
  • stike
    brady has taken less money so that they could stay under the cap. was when they rewrote the contract before this latest one...
    i agree about the "if peyton had a better D" comment. when the pats had no D, or a "bend but don't break" D (which was most of this year), they just scored like crazy.

i am so sick of "Peyton is the best QB".

under what scenario?

when the Pats play them, all you need to do is look at peyton's face to see when he has given up. it came in the first quarter one time, in the playoffs. game over. that long face of his is the worst 'tell' in football. he's ALWAYS good for a couple licks when that face shows up. ALWAYS

the colts have had the patriots' number a bit more in the past few years (AFC championship. ouch), can't deny that.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    if the pats lose I'm happy.
    context is important :)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    looking forward to a patriots/ seahawk game ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    more like american history
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    can only hope.

still nervous. i have been completely brainwashed by bellichick to assume every opponent is capable of winning. i was still biting my nails in the last quarter of the Miami game for crying out loud. he's not only got the players thinking every down is critical, it's spread to the fans. i mean, at one point in the fourth, technically the dolphins could have rallied, right? hahaha ugh. it's almost not fun anymore.

though the jets game was the most fun i have ever had at a game. was like a party... we knew that one was over at the end of the first quarter.
  • fishlessman
    i like the way they are playing right now, for a rebuilding year its all about the team instead of all about the brady/moss tandem, was so good to see him go and not have to listen to all the commentators talking about moss, hated watching him after awhile, the year brady was out he just gave up on every route, never got it back imho. now everyones in the game, just find it fun to watch and its no good if your not sitting on the edge of your seat
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    he's not bitter against payton. peyton doesn't need anyone defending him.

as for brady being integral, and everyone saying "well, bellichick got lucky with an HOF QB...", the pats went 11-5 with matt cassel when brady went down in the first game of the year. everyone with an 11-5 is in the playoffs this year. Brady is integral, but it's been proven he's not 'necessary'. that's what i think is so amazing, frankly.

i think bellichick could make peyton into a multi-SB-winning quarterback :laugh:
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Super Bowl:

Pats over the Hawks by 12 points! Easy Peasy.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I sure didn't realize this would become a Boston Patriots thread. B)
    Come on Falcon Fans....I know you are around. Vidalia, Zaius, Eggindawg.
    The Packers-Eagles game is an interesting matchup. If the pack wins, they come to Atlanta. Maybe I will hide in the crowd and drop a "mini" on Aaron Rodgers head, giving him about the 10th concussion of the season.
  • stike
    who are "the falcons"?
  • Bacchus
    LOL, do you work at ESPN?
  • stike
    trust me, "under dog", "no respect", "sleeper team"... that's what you want to be.

pats being the so-called "front-runners" (according to some) is about the last thing that they need
  • Bacchus
    I couldn't agree more. That is where we have been all season, which has served us well.
    No.1 seed underdog is eggzactly the place to be.
  • New England all the way
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    exactly my point, thanks

...yes I understand Peyton could've made more, but he also could've taken even less(as stated not that I would expect him or any QB to do that)....I happen to think he is the second best QB ever to play the game behind Brady...

my point was don't say if he had a defense he could've won more....my opinion is if they changed their offense to help mask some of their deficiencies then maybe they would've one more....they also had the best O in the league in terms of stats, but one could argue it was at the expense of their D....

Peyton gets the accolades for "running" the Offense, changing the plays etc.... If it is true and deserved, I think it is fair to point out maybe he ran the offense in a way that left his defense on the field too much, especially if they were the achilles heel.
  • bdd_ryan_belichickfeet.jpg

No one is beating the Pats in Foxboro. As for the Indy D, they're ranked 5 spots ahead of the Pats and Mathis Freeney are no slouches. Manning just can't get it done in Brady's house.
  • stike
    that's pretty funny... hahaha

rex has jammies that say "what would bill do?"

i don't think the patriots are a lock, but i like their chances.

occasionally, peyton manning actually has a good game. he might not throw them two, or four, or seven interceptions, like he usually does. :laugh: