Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will you Eggers do me a favor?

Options
eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It has been a very sad day for me. We had to put our beloved Nadia to sleep. She came to us as a pound puppy 10 1/2 years ago, mostly Newfie.

I'm hoping you will all do me a big favor and post photos of your pets or of you with your pets (current and/or deceased, canine or noncanine). I'm sure it will cheer me up.

Nadia in January of 2010. She loved the snow!

IMG_1008-1-1.jpg

Nadia this Christmas Eve.

IMG_5798.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Rebecca.
    It always hard to loose a family friend.

Our 2nd West Highland White Terrier:

DuncanSupervising7-30.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I was where you are 2 weeks ago and this forum did more for me than anything. The people here do love you and your Nadia and understand.
    This was taken of Zoe the morning she had to be put down just before her 14th.
    We understand, we care deeply and your loss is our loss.
    I wish I had better words for you as many on this forum did for me.
    I am so sorry for you.
    photo-7.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Here's Lila

It would be too hard to read now but" A Dog's Purpose" is a must read for a Dog Lover.

Lila-2.jpg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Rebecca! We know the pain in losing a special friend. Here's our beloved Westie named Dublin who we lost at 12 back in May. This was one of his favorite sleeping positions that we called "nosein and toesin".
    IMG_0392.jpg

Again we're so sorry.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. We are traveling and I don't have access to a picture of our cat "gator". He was adopted 4 years ago from our local animal shelter. I am convinced adopted pets make the best family members!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Sorry, Rebecca. :( She's a beauty for sure. I'm coming very close to that day with my two girls.

538b838b.jpg
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been through it many times and it is never easy.

Here is Elvis doing what he loves best:

TurkeyLegs_Wings_Pintos_Sep909004.jpg

And here is Elvis after retrieving the ball for hours:

hangarSteakDec2009004.jpg

And here is my daughter Rebecca (she is still eenie-meenie in my eyes) with her two Papillons Duke (in front) and Sonny (with the Mickey Mouse ears):

Becca_dogs_nap002.jpg

God bless you and yours. I know Nadia had a great life and the best of love.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Oh, Rebecca, I'm so so sorry. I know the heartache. Hugs :(
    My choice of pics is vast :silly: But I will share a few in hopes to make you feel a little better. I know when Remington died, it was really helpful to read about others stories. Here is one of rem and Tucker when tuck was just a pup!
    e5a3febb.jpg
    Batman...
    50c85e18.jpg
    Beggin strips for Christmas from grammy :)
    759094ac.jpg
    Lapdog...
    331874d5.jpg
    Me and the boys on the ferry (on way to sunshine fest) a few months before rem died
    0cc3bee5.jpg
    Take good care, I will be thinking of you and your love, Julia
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    My condolences to you Rebecca. It's hard losing a friend.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I'm so sorry - I know this had to be a tough day for you. Here is a photo of our Smokey. She is a pound puppy - and has brought us much joy. I pray that you find comfort in happy memories of Nadia.

IMG_1272.jpg
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Rebecca,
    So sorry for your loss. We lost Solomon (our Newf) back in July after a good life of 10 1/2 years. We thought about getting another newf, but realized that there would never be one that could replace him. Here are a couple ofpics..[/img]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/Richard_Moquin/0621pergola051.jpg[/img]0621pergola078.jpg0621pergola208.jpg[/img]
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss! Here is a pic of my girls, Indigo Iris & Bingo (one of 12 of Indi's pups) Got Indi 2 weeks after moving in my first & only home. I was much more excited about Indi than my new house. They are long gone now but will never be forgotten. www.indigofarmsseafood.com
    rjqpgl.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, they really do become family members

Bailey was 135# baby doberman and one of my favorites. He thought he was a lap dog. He was also the only dog I had that could pee higher up the tree than me :whistle: :laugh:

100_0885.jpg

Buddy was cute as a puppy

100_1130.jpg

Then took after me

100_1543.jpg

Bella? well she's just bella the barker :huh:

101_2206.jpg

she thinks she runs the house

101_2688.jpg

Things will get better and the great times will be forefront in your memories
  • Hiites
    Hiites Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. You had a beautiful dog.

This is my favorite picture of Rowdy
    Rowdy027.jpg

Since your dog loved the snow, I thought I would include this pic. Rowdy loves the snow also.
    Rowdyinblizzard.jpg

And this is Josie when she was about 6 months old.
    Blizzard09040.jpg

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
  • c tredwell
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss Rebecca--May I always be the person my dogs think I am...
    Sara Beth and Anna B after a long day..
    brisket003-1.jpg

Anna B 3 mos
    anna.jpg
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    So sorry to hear the bad news. Our critters are such a big part of our lives. Rest assured you gave Nadia a great life.

Here's Hannah we had to say goodbye to last year

394272992.jpg

Kodak we said goodbye to in October

393806495.jpg

And of course Sophie we adopted in May...she's a handful

387666824.jpg
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. She haad to be a great companion and friend. Here is a photo of Layla.
    DSC_0001-1.jpg
  • Maria's Touch
    Options
    Rebecca, I am so sorry for Nadia. Here is a picture of Kara (on the right) and Mocha. Kara is my dog while Mocha is my grandkids dog. They are both sisters. Picture was taken when they were one year old. They are now 4 and a half year old.

KaraMocha.jpg
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    That's a beautiful dog.Sorry for your loss. :(
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Rebecca:

I know the grief. Our family lost two this year, a St. Bernard and a Great Pyrenees, both about 9 or 10 years old. Here are some of my grand-dogs--daughter and son-in law with their three Newfys (they lost the two mentioned above). The puppy Humphrey is now 6 months old and weighs over 100 lbs.

sc00030ce0.jpg

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    100_8854.jpg

So sorry about Nadia. It's really amazing how much joy they bring into our lives. No better definition of unconditional love,I think.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss Rebecca,
    May your wonderful memories find you peace.

Anika, our 5 yr old Shepherd.
    IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Rebecca: I am SOOOO sorry to hear!!
    Here is our youngster....

What...Ya mean I ain't s'posed to eat string???

MakosSurgery003.jpg

Of course, the emergency surgery had to take place on a Sunday!!! :blink:

MakosSurgery005-1.jpg
    I'm still cute though!! :laugh:

DSC02618.jpg
    And now...I can walk on fences!!

Sorry for your loss, Rebecca!! Our thoughts are with you.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    The sadness never leaves your heart but never forget the happy memories of happy times together.

Punkin.jpg
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    019.jpg
    This is my Barbet May, also known as a French Water Dog. She is from the Island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea, my Island Girl.
    020.jpg
    This is Bob, an Irish Water Spaniel.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    My Condolences - was looking for the pic of "Peaches" licking up a mess I made next to the egg (couldn't find that one).. I hope this helps..

Peaches3.jpg

Peaches2.jpg

Peaches1.jpg
  • Pro du Bar B Q
    Options
    wish to send you a picture but do not know how
    Bon appétit !!
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • Pro du Bar B Q
    Options
    [img size=150][/img]
    Bon appétit !!