Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Last Nights Moon Shots

Options
13»

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks Elizabeth, I'm delighted you like them and it is always a pleasure to share with the nice people here on the forum. A very Merry Christmas to you also and a happiest of New Years! :)

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

My pleasure my friend, glad you enjoyed them and that I was able to share them. :)

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks Adam, I'm glad I can share them with you. :)

Keep warn my friend.

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thank Gary, the moon was a challenge the first few times I tried to photograph it and I was not happy with the result. It does take a looong lens and a good tripod w/cable release. I also do a fair amount of editing to get them to look as good as I can. :)

Blair

• Uncle Phil
    Options
    Stunning shots. What did you shoot with and what were your settings? Blows my shots away by a mile! Truly great work.

Uncle Phil
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Excellent photo essay, Blair. I wanted to see this, but we were totally cloud-covered. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to post these.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hi Phil, Thanks, I use a Nikon D90 and a Nikon 80 ED Fieldscope w/ Nikon adapter. It is equal to a 1500mm lens with a fixed aperture of f13. I also have to manually focus it. It is a spotting scope with Nikon optics so I can get away with using it for a lens. The same length in a lens if you could find one would cost at least ten times as much. I bracket my exposure and shoot many, many photos. I was pushing my ISO as high as I could and shutter speeds were getting down around a second by the time I quit. My lens is so long the moon really moves across the feild of view quite fast so a longer exposure will not work. The moon is not the easyest thing to photograph and I have had to experiment to get good results. I also am not afraid to edit my photos if I can improve the focus, contrast or anything else.
    DSCN6127_640.jpg

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks, I am very happy I posted this, so many people were not able to see it and I was lucky enough. :)

Blair

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Thanks for the photo op Blair!
    It was snowing "Like a Mama" here in Northern Minnesota, so we saw nothing! Except snow!
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Glad you like them, I'm happy I was able to post them for so many that could not see the eclipse. :)

Blair