Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Caraway Rye

Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are hunkered down, blizzard conditions and the snowdrifts are getting deep. This is a good time as any for baking bread and I'm experimenting with a sweet caraway rye for Christmas Eve dinner. Proofed two loaves a little too long but otherwise I'm very happy with results. There's toasted caraway and anise seed in this. Brown sugar and a touch of molasses make rye bread almost a dessert.

BGEChristmasCarawayRye0001.jpg

425 degrees for 35 minutes, indirect setup with plate setter, extra fire ring and grid. Got the egg going 1 hour before baking for a clean burning fire with a fully heated dome. Works for me. I'm using unglazed stoneware bread pans.

BGEChristmasCarawayRye0003.jpg

In the old days bread was baked at home twice a week every week. I'm lucky to bake twice a month. :whistle: I sliced while the bread was still warm....

BGEChristmasCarawayRye0006.jpg

Yummmmmmmm! Very tender and flavorful....I'm makin more.

BGEChristmasCarawayRye0007.jpg

Comments