Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eggsellent
Eggsellent Posts: 160
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday was the first time we cooked a MadMax Turkey - and as you may have seen from Backer's posts - it was incredible!!! The only thing we did differently was...we brined it for 24 hours prior. That and we couldn't do the gravy because I was so stupid I threw away the turkey innards before reading the directions. I can't wait to make another one. This method is the answer to egged turkey - there is no point trying to improve on it or doing it any other way. YUMMY!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us Max. Isn't it nice to know that so many folks had a belly full of mad max turkey during this holiday season. You should be very proud. [p]Here's some pictures of the Turkey...
640Dsc00227.jpg[p]640Dsc00229.jpg[p]And I finally took some pictures of the HAPS Wraps (before and after). These were a huge hit also.[p]640Dsc00111.jpg[p]640Dsc00218.jpg

Comments

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Eggsellent,[p]I'll second that thought as I make my Mad Max turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and dill pickle sandwich for lunch today. I did the turkey in my large egg and smoked an eight pound ham in my small. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. Dinner was great though.[p]Happy New Year to all.[p]Paul

• Eggsellent,
    well, glad you learned a valuable lesson. ..heee. . .i'm glad you and todd had such a good experience. .. . and it was fun talking to him last night as well. . .[p]btw, as i told todd, while its nice to make your own turkey stock for gravy. . .you could use canned chicken broth with just about equally good results. ..the real key is the crud in the bird and pan after roasting the bird. ...that's what really makes the gravy taste so good (along with the wine). ..