Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's beef tenderloin

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had never even seen a beef tenderloin in person, let alone cooked one. After considering several options, I decided on the T-rex method. I followed T-Rex's recipe except we wanted a med rare-medium middle, so I seared 90 seconds a side at lava temps, rested 22 minutes, cooked at 350-360 for 45 minutes, and I pulled it at 135, rested 10 minutes, and cut, served and ate the best beef I've probably ever eaten in my life. Six guests' response: amazing. [p]This forum can even make a good cook out of someone like me. Thanks everybody!

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    beef%20tenderloin.jpg
    <p />Mark Backer,[p]My guess is that you had some cooking skills before, BGE just made them better. I sear mine like you did then finish up indirect.[p]One of my favorite cooks of the year is get a beef tenderloin roast, rub down with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Let set at room temp for 45 minutes. Put the loin on a cutting board and take to the guests or invite them into the kitchen. I then ask them how thick they would like their steak tonight. They just point with the knife and I cut away.[p]Either way works great.[p]beeftenderloin1.jpg[p]CWM
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Todd,[p]Just curious - how did you season? Just salt and pepper, or did you use the balsamic reduction?[p]I'm really hungry now.[p]TRex
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    TRex,[p]Your way to the end, T-rex. I used kosher salt, pepper, and olive oil.[p]It was nearly buttery in consistency, it was so soft. Thanks again...[p]