Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sims BBQ in Little Rock - any Fans???

LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any AR eggers that know about Sims BBQ in LR? Sims was my first introduction to great BBQ in the mid 80's, while doing a stint at Pine Bluff Arsenal. I can still taste their "rib sandwiches", which were ribs, white bread, and the most wonderful mustard based sauce I have ever had :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :blush: :ermm: :woohoo:.

Anyway, if anyone knows if they are still producing quality eats, and if they ship their sauce, it would be fun to hear. I called, but did not get a definitive answer, and their web site is spotty at best (phone numbers are not answered).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Sims is pretty good, they are on Barrow rd in LR, dont know where they were when you were here, still pretty good Q.
    If you want some sauce, email me an address, I think they sell it bottled, I will hook you up.
  • You are a saint! And we have a few places here in Texas that if you want, we can trade a few bottles!!!! Salt Lick in Austin is one of Texas' best in MHO (they have their classic and a pineapple habenaro that ROCK). Check out saltlickbbq.com. Or, I am perfect with just having you pick some up for me and compensating.

Anyway, huge thanks for response!!! Will drop an email!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I'll have to try it. We are going to Little Rock every other Saturday now training Auron and always looking fo some place different to eat. ;)
  • Be sure and report back, or drop an email. I would reallly be interested in what you think! And if it is not as good as I remember, understand there has been a lot of excellent bbq (egg and other) in the last 25 years, and it might be middle of the road compared to others I have now tried. Time does funny things to memory!!! But I will still put my money on that sauce being good!
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    they are on John Barrow, between 630 and 12th, or even better, yell at me and we will egg something, we're just north of LR
  • I haven't lived in Little Rock in 20 years and I STILL miss Sims.