Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin Roast

Options
Pot Licker
Pot Licker Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone, a question for you. I made a pork loin roast last night, raised grid dome temp 300-325 and pulled it when the internal temp reached 137. Which I found out was early and this is my question. When I pulled it I wrapped it in foil and the internal temp did reach 145, should I have left it on the grill till my internal reached 140 which may have given me a final resting temp of 147-150? Or in order to remove the squeal from the pig should I have just kept cooking well into the 150 range. I like my meat a little red/pink but the wife isn't for it and we know who wins that battle. Any thoughts are appreciated

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    pot licker,[p]I am in a similar boat with the wife. The compromise is to pull it at 150 and you'll be better off than the 160 pull but done enough so she won't make those gagging sounds while she's eating.[p]Happy Egging!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    pot licker,
    i leave mine on til its 142 internal, take off and wrap. i think that the extra 5 degrees over the 137 adds a little safety astemp gages are not perfect. some therms have a plus or minus thats not real accurate, and you may not of inserted it into that one section that wasnt cooked. at 142, it usually rises into the 150 range with only a slight pink left dead center, still real juicy.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it