Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max....Need your pit beef

Options
Wino
Wino Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mad Max,
Cannot find your Pit Beef recipe. GFW’s site seems to be down. Have wanted to get a meet slicer, Rumrunner posted a great deal on a slicer. Will pick one up this week (can not wait for the 25th). Been craving the best roast beef sandwich ever since you got your slicer. Please help.
Wino

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Wino,
    this is easy. . ..buy a big hunk of beef, top round, bottom round, etc. . .i have had great success lately with eye of the round. ...coat it heavily with kosher salt and rub of your choice (dizzy cow lick works great, and i've recently had fantastic results with dizzy red eye express). . .set up your egg indirect (grid over inverted plate setter) at 350 - 375 degrees dome temp. .. put the beef right on the grid and let it roast to 135 or so internal temp (for pit beef, i don't like it too rare, but that is your choice). . .it will only take a couple of hours. . .let it rest, then thin slice (and i mean really thin, like shaved). ...serve on kaiser rolls with fresh onion, horse radish, and/or bbq sauce. . .fantastic. .. [p]wess b has a very similar recipe on his web site. . .i suggest you read his too, it also produces excellent results (www.wessb.com go to his recipe section). ..[p]either way, its as good (if not better) than the pit beef i've eaten at the maryland/delaware shore . . ..

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Wino,
    You can see the complete picumentary of my pit beef in the cooks section of my website...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    WessB,
    Man that still looks good...actually looks better every time I look at it.[p]Hope you and Sally have a Merry Christmas or whatever you happen to celebreate, not 100% sure what it will be called, but I know y'all will be celebrating it.[p]:)

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you and yours also...[p]Wess