Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig question

Options
Smokin' not stirred
Smokin' not stirred Posts: 301
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey peeps, I have decided to get an adjustable rig for my large. What do most of you use and what do you think is overkill. Cooking raised is my primary reason for the purchase as well as increased cooking space. Also, want to use the wok. Thanks in advance. Breakfast pics look awesome. Had to work this weekend, sorry I couldn't participate. Any guesses where Randy Moss is going to end up next???

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Good question!
    I am curious myself. :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I use the rig, 2 crossbars, the oval grate, 2 grates that I already owned, and the spider with the BGE pizza stone. Whatever you get, you will be pleased. Call TJV for advise if you think you need it; he was extremely helpful for me.
  • kip stabone
    Options
    I use the AR for just about every cook. If I'm not using it, I'm searing with the spider. I use the AR to cook higher in the dome and use it with the spider and small baking stone for indirect cooks.
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    I have the same setup as Cory and use it just like Stike does, pretty much every cook.

I don't find I use the sliding feature that the oval rig gets you, but don't miss the little bit of space you lose with the oval grid. If I was to do it again I would do it exactly the same way spider 12 inch stone 12 inch drip pan, adjustable rig with 2 oval grids and the sliding piece, all toped off with the grid extender. Amazingly flexible piece of equipment.

Doug
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    the question shouldnt be where Moss will end up, it should be why isnt Childress fired yet. Moss cant stand him, Favre cant get along with him, Harven slammed him yesterday, when will the owners finaly understand that childress is an IDIOT!!! :evil: :evil:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What Cory said plus an extender.And like Doug and Stike...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I got it all and use it all. Best investment for the large egg.

I have the spider and added the CI grid
    For this setup I also purchased the round 13" baking stone and drip pan as well as the wok.

I have the rig and two oval grids and the sliding part as well. I also have the extended part for the oval grid to go on top for my chick cooks high in he dome.

Get it all that way you only pay for shipping once.

I will say The Ceramic Grill Store and Tom will fix you up. Tom is a very friendly person to talk to on the phone and very very helpful. Tim ;)
  • Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the purchase.
  • Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    Yeah, not sure if ownership had a say in this. I can't see that Childress would have free reign. To give up on a guy in 4 games after spending a 3rd rounder all while eating his salary if no one claims him is pretty dumb. Manage your players like you are paid to do.