Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Delicious eye of round roast!!!

Options
CrimsonTideGirl
CrimsonTideGirl Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know eye of round roasts are tough, but I picked up 2 on sale at Sam's and figured I would try cooking one on the egg. I cooked it last night to about 135 degrees (350 direct) and sliced some with a knife and it was pretty good, served it with aus jus sauce and refrigerated the leftovers. Today I got my Waring Pro food slicer down from the attic (a past Christmas gift from the husband that I hardly ever use) and sliced the roast paper thin, warmed it and served it on a hoagie roll with mozzarella cheese and the rest of the aus jus to dip it in and it was by far the best roast beef sandwich I have ever eaten. I think I will buy eye of round roasts just for sandwiches from now on and I will keep the food slicer out and use it more often. Now I just have to think of other things I can cook on the egg that I can cut with my slicer. :)

Comments