Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Try with CWM-esque Ribs

tsheehan7
tsheehan7 Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to egging but I'm having some pretty good success thus far thanks to this forum. These are baby backs that I rubbed with mustard and then coated with Dizzy Dust about an hour before cooking. I loosely followed CWM's method, but at higher temperatures for the simple reason that I didn't have 5-7 hours.

I did these at 250 for about 4 hours, then sauced them and ran them at 350 for the last half hour. I might have needed a higher temp at the end or a longer sauce time because my only complaint is that there wasn't much caramelization.

The ribs tasted amazing, were tender but not fall of the bone, and that's how I like them. Notice the "smoke ring" too. I didn't use any smoke, and at 250 degrees that BGE lump charcoal doesn't smoke much either, but I still got the pink ring. What also struck me was the juiciness. It was almost too juicy!

Oct232010_0015.jpg

Oct232010_0018.jpg

Oct232010_0019.jpg

Comments