Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday Prime Rib (pics soon!)

Options
Deggman
Deggman Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I celebrated my 26th birthday last night and wanted to do something special, so Prime Rib it was! I got a 14 pounder from my local custom meat shop (The Cutting Egde). I seasoned it the night before with a local restaurant' (Luigi's) rub. I made a paste of the rub with EVOO and crushed garlic. Cooked it at 375* indirect on v-rack in a large roasting pan. After about 2 hrs 45 min, one probe read 115* and the other 130* I took the hunk of beef off and tented with foil for about 40 minutes while I prepared the aus ju. I also cooked some bacon wrapped creamcheese and cheddar cheese stuffed jalapenos during the first hour of the cook, these always turn out great! Sorry no pics but I will get them on here in the next couple of days! My fiance also did a heck of a job in the kitchen, awesome artichoke pesto dip, great salad, Party Potatoes, and a wonderful salad. And for dessert, peppermint ice milk cake, this is so good, and super easy to make.